Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Navion

Driver Side Mirror

My 2016 Winnebago Navion now has a broken mirror on driver side (the lower one).
I just want to replace the small one. Or if not have one cut?
Any ideas?
Thanks
Larry
lparham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Beware big trucks with mirrows the same place as yours! KAPOW!

We got one torn off while at the side of the road and it did not ruin the metal part, just the mirrow glass, so we found it very easy to drive to a local glass shop and they cut a replacement in less than 30 minutes and very cheap. Back on the road as soon as we finished lunch!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We have a 2021 View on a 2019 Sprinter.

The small mirror on our View can be easily removed by just pulling it off.

2016 Navions appear to have a similar mirror - so it shouldn't be too difficult to replace the mirror, if the housing hasn't also been damaged.

We bumped our mirror on a tree at Yellowstone last summer. The mirrors are OK, but the plastic housing appears to have broken some retaining clips inside. I pulled the lower mirror out and have used duct tape on the inside and outside of the mirror housing to secure the housing.

I showed the repair to our Sprinter service advisor - and he recommended NOT to replace the mirror assembly - due to the expense - and that as long as we didn't mind the tape - it didn't make sense to spend $$$ for a new mirror assembly.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver