Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I had my right mirror knocked off while I was parked in a rest stop. The mirror was ok. The plug-in pulled loose but the mounting bolts tore out of the fiberglass leaving four big holes. I found out when the mirror is gone the side camera stays turned on to that side. Without the side camera I would not have been able to see anything on the right to drive to the repair shop.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Here's what I had in mind! The new, upcoming Chevrolet Bolt will have this feature...

"The Bolt uses cameras to eliminate blind spots in the rear view mirror. When you look in the mirror to change lanes, the system stitches together a scene that makes it seem like you're driving a convertible with a clear 180-degree view behind you."

Technology just keeps getting better and better. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:31 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Here is a picture of the new monitor installed. I have no idea why the photo is upside down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160113_085634.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	116648  

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:12 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

dkrobath, Very nice!!
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:50 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
I have a large 12x6 in monitor dedicated to the rear camera. He came off the rear video feed before the signal box so my existing screen does exactly what it has always done so I have side view with turn signals on without losing sight of the toad.
Looks very nice and OEM professional. Do you still have any rear image on the factory monitor when you shift into reverse, or is that now at the sun visor monitor only?

Any specifics of the brand that you purchased? (I saw the model information on the monitor picture you posted.

Thank you. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:15 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

The camera feed was split before the switch box so the new monitor is 100% on the rear camera the original monitor is exactly the same as it was before the additional monitor was added.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

I dug into the space under the dash last weekend. First it was pretty easy to access the space by removing some screw caps and screws. See picture #1. The location of the signal split box made it tough to get a good shot of it but picture #2 shows it pretty well and it matches what was printed out earlier in this thread. I can see the input molex connectors for all three cameras and that nothing is connected to the RCA audio jack. I have been missing the mic that I had on the rear camera on my old class c and from picture #3 it looks like either the camera does not include a mic or that it just wasn't wired.

Question: does anyone know if the usual round connectors were cut off of the camera wires to install the molex connectors or is there a short pigtail with a round connector on one end and molex on the other?

I have contacted a local car audio dealer that said he would look at this with me. I have the pin out for the Connexx device which should help.

Also found a connector for a GPS, Picture #4, but I am not sure what this does, no mater I will likely stick with my Garmin 760.

Also saw a sirius style connector, picture #5 and speaker connections for left and right rear speakers, picture #6 and #7. Does anyone know where the wiring for the RR and LR speakers is tucked away in the FW?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture #1.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	119186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture #2.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	119187  

Name:	Picture #3.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	119188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture #4.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	119189  

Name:	Picture #5.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	119190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture #6.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	119191  

Name:	Pictuer #7.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	119192  
Old 02-17-2016, 05:07 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise

Where was the wire for the monitor tapped in to, does is come down the passenger side column or was it tapped in to by the display and routed backup the column to the overhead monitor?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:52 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

It was tapped into right before the switch box and ran back up the column to the new monitor because the tech had to identify what was what, But if you know which one it is I'm sure you can do it right at the roof line inside the first cabinet and not even open the dash or remove the receiver.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #30
Winnie-Wise

Thanks

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

I had contacted a branch of California Audio to install a new monitor for me but in three weeks I have made numerous calls and sent emails with information to no avail. they will never call me back. Will give them one more shot at this and then will take care of it myself. Question for anyone that might know.

I have the same setup as the illustration near the beginning of this thread, which means I have the same 6 pin molex connector. The illustration shows that this molex connector may be a short adapter pigtail that is connected to maybe the factory camera connection. I have not been able to find this other connection under my dash. Can someone tell me if this exists or did FW just cut the original connector off and terminate the wires at the molex connector?

I thought about buying something off of amazon or Tadi Brothers that uses the RCA connections and use some jumper wires to hook things up to try it out.

Also have noticed that there is no sound connected to my camera although it clearly has a mic.

My gadget tray is almost complete, just need to make a few adjustments and find long enough screws to attach it. Once that is done I will be ready to stain it. I will post some pictures when I am done.

Thoughts?

Tags
camera