Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Dimensions & Parts - View 24D

I have a new View 24D on order and I am trying to prep for its delivery. As the delivery is several thousand miles from my home, I am trying to order items in advance and have them delivered to a friends house much closer to where I am located.

While trying to prep...I am having a hard time trying to find any real specifications on the unit. Here are a few items that I cannot find anywhere:

1. Exact measurements of the battery compartment area. Want to add the largest lithium batteries that will fit.
2. Dimensions of the dinette storage areas (under the seats)
3. Size of the SnapPads to order for the auto-leveling system
4. Size of the storage compartment by the door
5. Roof diagrams and dimensions. Trying to plan for the most solar I can fit on the roof.

Also, I went to the WBO parts page (Parts Catalog). It apparently needs something called Cortona2D Viewer which does not work with Chrome. It seemed to work up to a month or so ago....but now it is not. And when it was working, It gave no dimensions for any parts.

Is there a secret place to find some of these dimensions for this unit?
Old 05-28-2021, 12:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There isn't a lot of room in the battery compartment. Winnebago uses a different battery tray for lithium batteries - which will hold two of the Lithionics Group 31 lithium batteries (which now hold 130Ah each).

We also tried to get the dimensions of the storage compartments after we committed to purchase our 21D and before we picked it up a month later - so we could shop for items. After getting some diagrams, we decided to give up on the exact dimensions. Even if you can get the dimensions, with the outside compartments and the dinette storage, you will have less access for larger items due to the opening into that storage.

For the outside compartments, that hatch door is smaller than the interior dimensions. For the dinette storage, the seats won't open all of the way, making it more difficult to store large items that fill the space - multiple smaller items can fit through the openings and then fill up the space.

We gave up on buying large containers prior to picking up our RV. While at Lichtsinn, we purchased two plastic containers from their store that were large enough to hold our sewer line, sewer line extension and black tank flush hose - and we store those boxes in the outside compartment under the dinette (which isn't very accessible when the slide is out).

We purchased our SnapPads through Lichtsinn, along with installation of the leveling system at the HWH factory.

Unless you are planning to sleep on the overcab bunk - you will have a huge amount of storage area above the cab seats. As long as you bring something to hold items you can't fit into the cabinets or storage compartments, you should have a lot of room for storage on your way back from getting your 24D.

And once you have it in your possession, it'll be easier to figure out how much you have to stow, where you want to place it and what you'll need to organize it.

When we picked up our 24D, we drove to Mason City the next day and shopped at the Walmart to pick up items we didn't bring with us.

Before leaving home, we used Amazon Prime to order everything we could think of - water hoses, sewer hose/connectors, dishes, linens, silverware, pots, ... We had the minivan pretty full of supplies - and other than perishables we picked up at a grocery store, we didn't have a lot of things we needed from Walmart after we had the RV.

As for the roof - we've got two of the flex panels and two rigid panels. Since new Views come with 2 rigid panels - you should have room to add 2 more panels.

Would strongly recommend reaching out to your sales person and asking for whatever information you need to prepare for your purchase. They should have answers to your questions.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the recommendations.

Tags
parts, view