Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2020, 07:40 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Coming from a 41 ft diesel pusher I was used to using the truck stops and had a TSD Logistics card that gives huge discounts making the price of diesel competitive. Until I drove my new 2020 View 24J the issue of 2020/1 models not being able to use the larger nozzles was a concern of mine. However, after driving it there is no need to use the truck stops especially since I’m not towing a car. It is very maneuverable in the gas stations and no different than fueling my F-150.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

We down-sized from a DP, and I like the ability to use the auto lanes. The price is lower, and I don't have to wait in line behind a bunch of semis to get to the pump or wait for the driver blocking me in to return to leave. I buy DEF in 1 gallon jugs at Walmart (at my age 2.5 gallon jugs are too heavy for me) and carry a spare.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:16 AM   #23
2016 View 24J Profile

Diesel fill

Our 2016 View will accept either size fill nozzles with no issues. I prefer to search fuel price ahead of my trip with GasBuddy app. The price range can sometimes be very large, up to nearly $1/gal. Lately, since the pandemic, I’ve been paying with Smartpay on my iPhone which even removes the need to swipe or scan your card. The only physical contact is my hand on the nozzle and I use a disposable glove for that.
If the posts are correct concerning the 2020 View fill tube size then the designers screwed this “upgrade “
AlanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
Our 2016 View will accept either size fill nozzles with no issues. I prefer to search fuel price ahead of my trip with GasBuddy app. The price range can sometimes be very large, up to nearly $1/gal.
Diesel pricing is very odd in the Seattle area, and has been for the year plus I've owned a diesel. I'd not noticed before.

Currently our spread is about $1.30, but that's not what is odd. What is odd is that some stations that are cheaply priced for gas are very expensive for diesel, and sometimes even visa versa, although that is rare. My thought is some of the lower volume diesel stations only change prices when they get a new load in, so their pricing is out of date.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:02 AM   #25
2016 View 24J Profile

Diesel fill

I’ve owned diesel Mercedes for about 40 years and for the first 35 of that I used to use #2 heating oil that I bought in summer when the price was down and pumped my own for the rest of the year. But when low sulfur fuel and DEF became the norm and I bought my Mercedes RV I’m now buying at the pump
AlanO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel