Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Control module location

The remote door opener on the coach entry door of my 07 Outlook does not work. I have not been able to find the control module for the lock. Does anyone know where this module is hidden?
jrr2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

To be clear.... Your OEM ford 3 button remote will not unlock any of your 3 doors ? (2 cab doors and the main house entry door).

First Check that all fuses are good

Does the lock/unlock button on the door armrest work ? if yes proceed if NO then it's not the RKE module. Winnebago only uses the ford RKE module to lock / unlock the house door.

The Ford RKE (Remote Key Entry) Module for the factory remotes is located behind the right (passenger) side pick panel in the Cab (you will need to remove the plastic entry step liner & then the right kick panel no tools required as they are held in place by Snaps / push pin etc).
The module is towards the upper side & forward and is labeled. Don't remove the module yet.... try to unplug the 2 modular plugs & wait 10 - 15 seconds before re-plugging back in. This cycling seems to fix most issues.

If ONLY the house door won't unlock with remote, check the 2 brass spring loaded contacts on both the door side & the frame side to make sure they are clean & making proper contact.

Last if still no go you can try to reprogram the remote by opening the drivers door hitting the unlock button on the door arm & then cycle the Key in the ignition switch from off to on QUICKLY 8 times leaving in the ON position on the 8th turn, within 10 seconds push any of the buttons on the remote if successful the door locks will cycle, then turn the key off.
kamphiker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply. I have only had this rv for a couple of months and didn't realize that it had a powered entry door until I pulled the lock cover to lube the lock. We received a key fob with the vehicle keys. Even with new fob battery it doesn't seem to do anything except display a small red led on the fob when a button is pushed. The passenger and driver doors are powered and respond when the armrest buttons are pushed.
I did not receive an oem vehicle fob with the rv, but purchased an aftermarket fob on internet. It does not not accept the programming.

I searched for the control module in the location you provided. I was unable to locate it and suspect that my ford was not equiped with remote
power door locks. I checked the fuse box under dash and the RKS fuse is in place and not blown. Any more ideas?
jrr2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I've heard at some point Ford stopped putting the remote lock capability on the bare chassis. From what I've read so far earlier chassis had this feature. My 2013 E350 van has it but not my 2018 mw22r. I've confirmed that they changed with a relative who works in Ford service and has access to all the databases.
gmeyer4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat