Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Check Engine Light

I just bought a 2008 Dodge Sprinter with 2010 Mercedes Engine. 24 ft View…Navions are supposed to be the same…My friend went to Flying J and filled it up (1/2) tank found out it was biofuel, and my lovely dealership didn’t tell me to use propane diesel. Had check engine light come on the way home, took a short trip to work out the kinks. Put regular (1/2) tank diesel found a tanker delivery man that told us to buy this appropriate diesel even though it doesn’t say anything on the gas nozzle, he told it was the appropriate diesel….Needless to say the check engine light is on…..wasn’t before. Live in So Cal in the Coachella Valley. It has a Dodge emblem on the front but Mercedes engine. I was wondering where I could take it that wouldn’t cost me an arm and a leg to have the check engine light analysis…..They guy that sold me the vehicle told me a could take it to,a dodge mechanic but that doesn’t make sense to me, except it does have a Dodge emblem on front….Am on tight budget…why I bought it. It drove fine on the short trip home but check engine light scares me to death…..Thanks for any advise. 2010 Winnebago View 24k…..
Salster14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Any NAPA, Auto Zone, O'Riellys, Advance or other parts store will read the code for you for free. As will most tire/service stores.

Tags
engine, light