Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Camping world dealerships

I'm a newbie here... and I'm sure its been said before, but buyer beware with Camping World Dealerships. I can only speak about Dothan & Robertsdale, AL... so far. If you want more, please ask...
Old 02-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome and don't be hesitant to share. You're among friends here.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Too early to disRobertsdale service. Not being "easy" but I'll give them a chance. Dothan SALES MANAGER: [email protected] is an entirely different story. He reminds me of a battery. One side is NEG. Scott's side is POS. He said anything to make a sale, no response afterwards. NONE at all. He totally misrepresented existing issues at the time of purchase.

IF you have to buy something there... don't accept anything until its made right BEFORE you leave.

THAT'S MY EXPERIENCE ANYWAY... HOPE OTHERS FAIR BETTER.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

You will find many bad reports about Camping World here. One of the biggest is the statement made by their CEO about who he wanted as customers and who he didn't want.

None the less remember that they are privately owned franchises and I am sure the honest ones are abhorred by all the bad publicity that the others and their CEO bring on them. Really a shame.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

By all means... let's commend the GOOD ones here. Sound good... and FAIR?

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HEAR POSITIVE "PLUGS" ABOUT GOOD CW DEALERSHIPS...
Old 02-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene36542 View Post
By all means... let's commend the GOOD ones here. Sound good... and FAIR?

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HEAR POSITIVE "PLUGS" ABOUT GOOD CW DEALERSHIPS...
We all would.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #7
Living The Dream

Just be aware bashing Camping World seems to be a bit of an rv-forum sport.

I’ve had some good results several times over a 10+ year period with Camping World in Denton, TX. Had a largely good RV purchase experience in Katy, TX, a few years ago.

None of what I’ve mentioned has anything to do with just buying parts and accessories, but rather more complicated shop and RV sales issues, thousands of dollars kind of things.

Some folks, no doubt, can curl your hair with some of their horror stories. Same seems to be pretty much true for the vast majority of RV dealerships based on what’s shared here and other forums.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

A good CW report. We just purchased our new 24D from the local CW. Great experience. They took our old rig in, had to go and get it from the International lot. They repaired it the next day so we could get a good trade confirmed. Great service manager. The entire process was excellent and the result was a very good purchase price/trade for us. That is the third rig we have purchased from the over the years since 2006, every purchase the same way. I just ignore the pressure, know it is coming, let it go and just say no to the add-on stuff. It is a bottom line cash deal on my trade, what is the bottom line with everything done. Don't stick in silly stuff either. Done.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Damn it, if its good don't say my local dealer with no location info whatsoever! That's being as bad as they are!!! Step up to the plate or stay home...
Old 02-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Damn it, if its good don't say my local dealer with no location info whatsoever! That's being as bad as they are!!! Step up to the plate or stay home...
Well now that's an invitation to an argument or war and not very user friendly. You stay home and shut up with profanity!

The local CW is Chattanooga, TN which I used for others who may be more civil. As far as staying home, I am temporarily. What does "as bad as they are mean". Everyone wants to bash CW, it is popular. I would greatly appreciate it if you leave me off the bash list.

Step up to the plate? I did, two tours in Nam, several decorations and a PH. What did you do except bash a stranger on a forum.....

So, use polite words next time or leave me alone. I imagine if you approach any dealership in the USA using profanity and that attitude you will leave saying "they" are bad. Best of luck finding a good one with that attitude.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We rescued our Itasca from Camping World .

It's taken a little rehabilitation after such bad conditions and abuse, but I think it will turn out to be a nice RV
Old 02-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Well Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak73 View Post
Well now that's an invitation to an argument or war and not very user friendly. You stay home and shut up with profanity!

The local CW is Chattanooga, TN which I used for others who may be more civil. As far as staying home, I am temporarily. What does "as bad as they are mean". Everyone wants to bash CW, it is popular. I would greatly appreciate it if you leave me off the bash list.

Step up to the plate? I did, two tours in Nam, several decorations and a PH. What did you do except bash a stranger on a forum.....

So, use polite words next time or leave me alone. I imagine if you approach any dealership in the USA using profanity and that attitude you will leave saying "they" are bad. Best of luck finding a good one with that attitude.
Well done response. Hope they listen to you.
Way to much negativity in many of these forums.
I don't read these as much as I used to do to the BAD ATTITUDES
Thanks for your level headed thoughts
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Old 02-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Pretty offensive. I hope that's not the way you intended to come across.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:25 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Kayak73 has his location included in his profile... only one Camping World near NW Georgia.
I think the discussion is a general one so location is not as critical. I don't deal with CW unless I'm really desperate, or window shopping.
But as with most things, the squeaky wheels are the ones you hear, so bad news is posted about far more than good news.
And if you are a large, nation-wide chain, you end up with a lot of bad press. Not to say they aren't at fault sometimes, just economies of scale.
Closed Thread

Tags
camping, dealer