Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2021, 05:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Black water problem

We have a Vita 2020 bought just before the virus changed all travel plans. However this model has a shallow gradient of both black and grey water tubes which join just before the outlet. (Sorry if I’m not using the technical terms). So when we dumped there often was left over sewage, about a quart or so that migrated by gravity and vibration to the outlet, to deal with before dumping the tanks again. Not a situation we want to continue. The dealer suggested a twist on valve. We have tried this, but on this model the outlet is so close to the edge of the chassis that adding the twist on valve makes it stick out and will be a hazard - easy to knock off / damage. Do we need to get the system replumbed? That is change it to the more common configuration where gray and black water join further from the outlet.? Any ideas please?
dcmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Are you saying that after you dump the tanks, and both knife valves (black and gray) are closed, you get leakage past the valves to the safety cap? If yes, replace / repair the knife valves.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

At a minimum I would consider cutting the current outlet flange off and installing a permanent valve (akin to the twist-on unit but permanently glued on) at the combined outlet. This would allow you to set the new valve back as needed so it would not stick beyond the side of your RV.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Vita 24P

Ok I have the same model. By the way join us on Vita & Porto Wannabes on FB. We are only your model and solve and answer lots of issues. The problem on your unit is not the pipe, it is the Black water valve is not shutting completely because the cable that controls it is too long and routed incorrectly. once we unhook it and reroute with no slack and adjust it works great. I and several others have had same problem. Fixed and works great now. My cable for the black valve was wrapped around the pipe to take up slack. I took it down, shortened the cable and re attached to valve. I also lubed the valve rod. It shuts completely now and works great.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:35 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
Ok I have the same model. By the way join us on Vita & Porto Wannabes on FB. We are only your model and solve and answer lots of issues. The problem on your unit is not the pipe, it is the Black water valve is not shutting completely because the cable that controls it is too long and routed incorrectly. once we unhook it and reroute with no slack and adjust it works great. I and several others have had same problem. Fixed and works great now. My cable for the black valve was wrapped around the pipe to take up slack. I took it down, shortened the cable and re attached to valve. I also lubed the valve rod. It shuts completely now and works great.
And there you go! Now I don’t even have to try and guess.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Vita 24P

The group is called Winnebago Vita and Porto owners and Wannabees. sponsored by Lichtsinn RV

Tags
water