Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2021, 05:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

awning light switch? 2020 Minnie Winnie 22m

Hello. I have a 2020 Minnie Winnie 22m that the awning light won't turn off even when withdrawn the power supply to it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how were you able to fix it. Thank you!
Jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Jacqueline,
Most folks have the opposite type of problem, with some light or appliance not working. It must be that the switch is defective. I cannot imagine any other way the light would get power, except through the switch.
Do remember that the switch for the awning LED strip is located down-low, by the first step. The camp-side porch light switch is located up high, by the main cabin light switch.
Eagle5
Old 05-11-2021, 04:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hello Eagle 5! Thanks for your reply. That's what I think it might be a defective switch.

I also have another issue I want to run by you...I've only pumped out twice and both times when I go to open the cap to attach the sewer hose stuff starts coming out. I thought the first time it was because maybe I had not pushed/closed both black and grey valves hard back enough but that wasn't the case yesterday. I had to have the sewer hose catch as much as I could for a little while and then when it was less hook up the hose. Very unpleasant! Could there be a problem with the valves not shutting all the way? Looks like I'm going to have to go to the next camping world I see while I'm on the road! Thank you!
Old 05-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #4
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

I had a 2019 22M and had the exact same issue with the drain system. I believe the problem is not having a leaky valve (Black &/or Grey) but simply due to the engineering of the system. As the valves are located on the passenger side of the vehicle there is almost 8' of pipe between them and the drain cap. This allows remaining waste water to accumulate at the drain cap after sealing the valves and replacing the cap. Not much one can do about it, so I installed an additional Valterra T58 Twist On Waste valve. It acts as an additional check valve allowing you to hook up your Sewer Hose to the rig before opening it and the units actual drain valves.
Installation is simple; takes longer to open the packaging than to install the valve. On caveat; it does reduce your ground clearance as it is angled downwards, so just be aware of that. But again, if you need to remove it to back into a tight campground (for example) it is as simple as unhooking your Sewer Hose.
Valve is available at any RV supply store, including WalMart, etc

As an example here's a link to Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Valterra-T58-T.../dp/B000BGHYJS
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
Site Team

Hi Jacqueline,
As for me, I first hook-up my sewer hose to the destination, and then I carefully open the cap and allow the excess to pour into the open hose end. It is pretty much what you are doing, I think. Lowdie24's method is another good option, but the dribbling isn't too bad on mine, so I haven't done that yet.
Another thing which helps is to occasionally spray the cable ends with a little Tri-flow lubricant, being careful not to breath the stuff.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 05-11-2021, 11:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Looking carefully at how the valves are made may lead to clues on one way to try to reduce/stop the leaking.
On this type valve there is a system something like a sliding door with a small "door" which slides into a groove to close it. Think something like a sliding patio door?
When we dump the black waste, if there are paper or solids that wind up in the slot where the door should close, it keeps it from fully seating to be water tight.

It may/may not be that but if you are able to get a hose or tools to the groove and clean it really well, it may let the door close more fully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waste valve.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	178804  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for the information. It makes sense but very bad engineering for sure. I think I won't have any choice but to do that adaptation because it's just to much to keep it the way it is. At least now I know I'm not doing anything wrong. Thank you again!!
Old 05-12-2021, 06:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I will try the lubricant but unfortunately mine is more than a little dribble. It comes out with force so I had to have help to catch most of it but not easy. Thank you so much again!
Old 05-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Can you put a bucket under it before you open it? At least it will catch it and you can pour it down the dump hose.
AZ Okies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:02 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Yes that's exactly what I'm going to try next time. Thank you

Tags
light, awning, switch