Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2016, 02:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Aspect rear air shock ????

Does anyone know the correct air pressure..... for the rear air shocks on an Aspect.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Are you talking the air bags or air shocks? I have factory air bags and run 80#, but I run heavy all the time. I would not go below 40-50# with a light load.

LEN
Old 07-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
Are you talking the air bags or air shocks? I have factory air bags and run 80#, but I run heavy all the time. I would not go below 40-50# with a light load.

LEN

My mistake......I meant factory air bags........

Ok....thanks .....80lbs...... it is because Im loaded heavy for a 1 1/2 month trip. Don't wanna forget anything........
Old 07-19-2016, 01:47 AM   #4
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I keep mine at 60psi. The coach rides best at that setting. I think that a 27K may be lighter than a 30C or 30J. What coach do you have? I don't have as much in this coach. I don't think that you should run below 40psi. I am loaded evenly and try to keep it that way. So I have the same setting on both.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My Aspect is the 30J.....

Right now I'm fully loaded with all the " stuff " we will bring with us for our trip. I'm going to inflate to 60-65 lbs today....hook up the toad and top off the fuel tank.... and take it for a ride and see how it handles before we leave in the morning. If need be...I'll take it up to 75-80 lbs.
Its been a delicate balance downsizing from a 40' Phaeton to our 30' Aspect. From having all the things you want Vs only the things you need.....but its been a run ride so far.
I built two shelves in the rear lift up storage compartment on the Aspect.......I don't think the load is as heavy as it looks. Its not real heavy stuff....just bulky stuff. ( baby BBQ...folding chairs...shade tent.....outdoor mat and a small toolbox ) but the shelves keep it organized and easy to find things.

Safe travels all..........and thanks for the advice.........
Old 07-19-2016, 06:33 AM   #6
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We under stand down sizing. We came down from 36, to our new Cambria 27K. I found a lot of item that we carried that we never used. I found that tire pressure effects my ride more that the air bags.
We are leaving on Thursday for the Colorado. This will be the second time I have been in them with this coach. Coach did great. We pull a Lincoln MKX. Good luck and safe traveling.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Just a quick update........

I inflated the airbags to 70lbs....coach became more level....AND ....it seamed to be alot better towing our toad for yesterdays 350 mile trip . It seamed to stiffen up the ride and eliminate the sway/roll I was getting..... that I assumed was an LT tire issue ( rather then an RV tire )

we are enjoying the ride............thanks all
Old 08-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Just purchased a 2016 Aspect three days ago. We downsized from a 40 foot Dutch Star and are going thru the same process as you are. Going to be a big load of unneeded stuff going somewhere soon. I didn't know that the air bags were adjustable. Haven't gotten that far in my manuals yet. Where is the fill valve located? Thanks
Bob
L19drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:28 PM   #9
Winnebago 28B

Quote:
Originally Posted by L19drvr View Post
I didn't know that the air bags were adjustable. Haven't gotten that far in my manuals yet. Where is the fill valve located? Thanks
Bob

Things tend to change in 6 years, but ours are in the wet bay, straddling the outdoor shower hose.
We're never heavily loaded and don't tow anything. I keep them at 30psi.

2010 Winnebago Aspect 28B
RogerRoll is offline   Reply With Quote