Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Aspect question ????

Its kind of a dumb question........but its been YEARS ( 2006 ) since I had a Norcold frig in a coach . I understand the mode when traveling should be in.... LP GAS but does thehouse battery system need to be " ON "

I notice when I shut the house battery switch off ....the light on the refrig display goes out.

Does that mean the refrig is OFF ?

THANKS
Old 07-24-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yes, the refrigerator requires 12 VDC.

Sent from my iPhone
Grant & Pat
2014 Adventurer 35P
2013 Jeep Wangler
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yep, it works on gas but requires the 12 volts also to operate.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The actual cooling uses electric or LP gas, but the thermostat and possibly a circulating fan uses 12dc power.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all ..........makes sense now. My other coach had residential refrig w/inverter......all automatic.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

OK......todays question.

This morning when I packed up to head out ......I brought in the 3 slides ( like I normally do ) and picked up the jacks. Then when I put the coach in " drive " .....the alarm sounded ( as if the slides where still out ) So I repeated the procedure .....re-extended the jacks and slides.....and brought everything back in. Put the coach in drive.......and again the alarm sounded. I went around outside and checked my jacks and slides....all was good. Alarm was still DING DING DING......DING DING DING.. I put a piece of duct tape over the alarm to muffel the sound some.... and drove to our next destination. Listening to the alarm for 4 hours is another story.

Anyone have an idea where to start to look for a fix ??? Im thinkin a slide switch out of adjustment ???

Thanks for any advice
Old 07-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Belladog I do not know of any switches to check for the slide outs being in. Do you have a jack down light or a warning on the jack panel? The Ding Ding Ding sounds like the passenger seat not in the forward position that is used on some class C coaches.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Dinging sound & Passenger Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Belladog I do not know of any switches to check for the slide outs being in. Do you have a jack down light or a warning on the jack panel? The Ding Ding Ding sounds like the passenger seat not in the forward position that is used on some class C coaches.
If your Aspect is like mine there are seat forward magnetic switches on both cab seats. I had this problem and yes the seats were facing forward, but the magnetic switch on the passenger seat was not making contact. These proximity switches are very sensitive to being misaligned.
navcom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:35 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

grtharris.....thanks for the reply. I did check the HWH jack panel and its in the travel mode and the green light is on....and I also physically checked all the jacks and they are fully retracted. There is also a warning buzzer and red light indicator on the dash .... that warns of the " jacks down ".....they were fine too. Both driver seat and passenger seats are in forward position and seat belts clicked.
I noticed last night when we started to set up at our new destination ....when I depressed the parking brake to deploy the jacks and slide outs ....the DING DING stops ....but then you have a parking brake red light on the dash with a different warning buzzer.

I guess I should buy a few rolls of duct tape for our scheduled 6 weeks on the road.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:45 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

navcom48. OK ...funny you mentioned the seats.......we did move the passenger seat fully forward at our last stop for added living room space ( every inch counts when u down size ) but returned it to make leg room before we started to travel. I will check that switch this morning.......hopefully its the problem

Thanks
Old 07-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladog View Post
navcom48. OK ...funny you mentioned the seats.......we did move the passenger seat fully forward at our last stop for added living room space ( every inch counts when u down size ) but returned it to make leg room before we started to travel. I will check that switch this morning.......hopefully its the problem

Thanks
My money is on the seat position. Depending on the setup, you may be able to disconnect the sensor and jump across the two wires while the ding ding is still going off and see if that changes anything. First I would run the seats through all their positions etc while the ding ding is audible.

Of course, there's another route to go. Call your dealer, it is a 2015, ask THEM what the heck is going on and let them know where they can send the mobile repairman as you are concerned that the vehicle may be unsafe to drive in it's present condition!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Yes......that's my thought also. Right now I'm set up at a CG and really cant test it. So Tuesday when we get ready to leave.....I plan on taking a jumper wire and go across the two terminals on the magnet switch.....if the ding ding stops..... I'll bypass the switch by connecting both wires under one terminal temporarily. If its not the seat switch........just more duct tape

I do have a list of small items that need to be looked at by the dealer ( Lazy Days ) when we return to Florida.....I'll just add this to the list :(
Old 07-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Just a quick update...... While I was up on the jacks and slides where out .....I messed with the seats a bit. Ran them forward and back......rotated them around. I also tapped the wired side of the magnet switches with the handle of a screwdriver.

This morning I packed down to head to our next destination and when I started the motor and put it in drive..... the DING DING DING has stopped.

Thank you all for the help..........now on to the NEXT problem ( hope not )
Old 07-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Be sure to check your jack fluid level. Most of them don't have to be down much to trigger the alarm.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote