Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Aspect 30j holding tank flush out

Has anyone installed a black water holding tank flush out in an Aspect 30j? My dealer says he can't to the tank to install one. Thanks
Old 11-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

:welcome:

irv2 is a great place to get your Rv questions answered. Please give us all the information you can so that the experiences of members can be best applied to your situation.

If you will note, many of us have posted a 'signature' that includes the year, make and model of our RV and other information. This is a great resource for those truly interested in giving sound advice.

About your post. It is not that clear to me. I don't know what you mean by "black water holding tank flush out". Are you wanting a internal wall washing system installed or a maceration pump? If I knew the year of your coach I might be able to discern better.

Again, welcome and many happy responses.

Rick
Old 11-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

black water tank flush

Sorry for the incomplete info-still learning the ropes. I'm looking for a wall flush out device like the tornado or no fuss flush system for new 2014 aspect 30j. Before I ordered it , I called Winnebago to see if one could be installed. They said only after market. Now my dealer doesn't seem to think he can get at the tank to install one. I'm trying to find out if any one else has done it. If so I'll do it myself. Thanks
Old 11-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I wanted to install one in our MH half bath tank but could not find a spot to get at the tank. Finally realized that the toilet bowl was on a raised platform above the tank so in a few weeks and a little work I will have a flush system on that tank.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Ww have an '05 Aspect 26A, light years difference from yours. The way our tanks are setup I have found I don't need a tank rinser. I simply bought an sewer hose elbow (clear) with a fitting in it for back flushing. Drain the black tank, drain the grey, close the grey tank, hook up a hose to the elbow and blast away. Do this a few times until water runs clear. Close black tank, open grey tank and repeat process.
Works great.
I had a Tornado rinser on our previous travel trailer and it had a cheap plastic spray fitting which split when I applied full pressure. If they made the things out of stainless steel I think it might be worth it, but it's just cheap plastic. Save your money and buy a flush elbow. Comes in 45º or 90º.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

baraff…thanks for some great info! We have a 2013 Aspect 30C and have used (numerous times!) the wand you put down the commode to flush….Like your advice much better! If I understand…you can use this for both black and grey..correct?
Thanks again.
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Yes, on our rig the grey and black tee equally into the same discharge line. The elbow attaches where you'd hook up your sewer line, then attach the hose to it. By operating the valves you can direct water into one or the other tank.
I'm not sure how that setup is on the later models like yours, but I can't imagine it being much different. We've never had a problem getting the tanks clean using the elbow. The trick is to blast water into it for a minute or so, then turn off the water, let it drain and repeat. With the clear elbow you'll know when the tank is clean!
Good luck!
Here's a link to what we use:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...0-degree/36031
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

So, you are just wanting to backflush the tank? The elbow flush seems simple enough. But how do you 'treat' your tank?

We were told by a tech at the factory service center that folks have had good success with using a enzyme base dishwasher detergent, about a cup, in the tanks. We use the Walmart cheap stuff. We also add some baking soda to sweeten things up. When I dump, things are more liquid than lumpy. Your backflush should be more successful with the detergent added.

Just remember the blackwater episode in the movie "RV". Don't want a personal replay!

Tags
tank