Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Aspect 27K trash can

We just purchased a 2016 27k. Does anyone have this unit and do have any suggestions where to put the trash can?
Vburrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We normally put ours behind the driver's seat. It stays there when we're on the road and the slide is in makes easy access from the front seat. Well we're camping it's it's back up against the wall behind the driver seat. Never did find a place to put it out of sight.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much. That's where we put it but was hoping there was somewhere else. Thank you
Old 03-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We tried several different sizes and location. But it always seemed to end up right back by drivers seat. We did buy a covered can. We travel with dogs and one particularly likes to get into trash. We also installed cameras to watch them when we left the coached. Smart phones are great for this task.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Good idea
Old 03-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We just got our 27k this week. Loading with stuff today. In your experience is there anything we should know? Any experience tidbits
Old 03-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Aspect 27K trash can

Also my husband wants to know what air pressure do you have you rear air helper springs set to?
Old 03-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vburrage View Post
Also my husband wants to know what air pressure do you have you rear air helper springs set to?
We have a Forrest River Lexington 283ts, not quite the same floor plan, but close enough in weight and style.
Your airbags are probable Firestone's. The max psi is 100, and the minimum is around 10-15.
We run ours at around 65-70 psi, but you just need to experiment a bit to find what psi will give you the best ride. Start at around 50 psi or so.
Don't run with them totally empty as friction will ware a hole in them pretty fast.
Also, when adding air, just "blip" the valve 2-3 seconds at a time. The bags are fairly small, about the size of a gallon paint can, and they will fill up VERY fast.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much
Old 03-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We too have a 27K (2017 Cambria). We ended up with the trash behind the drivers seat. It is close when the seat is turned around facing the rear of the coach. We experimented with the rear bag pressure at 30 to 50 psi. We have put 2000 miles on it so far (mainly pulling a Wrangler) and the lower PSI seemed to make the frontend soft so have settled on 45 to 50psi. Also have the trunk full as we went from a 34ft Class A to this rig (still figuring out space). Cambria drives like a car compared to the Class A.
nmmarkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thank you great info. Any experience tidbits you want to share
Old 03-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Given that the front cab is exposed to the sun and we are in the southwest, we had the driver and passenger windows tinted as well as a 6" strip across the top of the windshield. Then for when it is parked/set up, we purchased sunshades that work much better than the privacy curtain that Winnebago provided. They have for the front and sides. You can order the front for w/ or w/o a rear view mirror.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/sun_..._w_o_rvm_/2016

For the trunk, I also went to wally world (container store is not in NM currently) and purchased two, 3 drawer plastic storage units that I anchored with 1" screws (one storage unit on the left shelf behind the water hookup) and one storage unit on the right side of the spare tire. I am going to get some hooks for the top of the inside trunk so I can hang lighter items above. I also added a 3" stainless pull handle to the outside of the trunk to help lift it when opening (purchased at online marine store). I was afraid I would pull the locking mechanism out at some point.
nmmarkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #13
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We just sold our 27K ran 14000 miles in 18 months. Great coach. I kept 65 lb in the air bags. Pulled over Rockies twice. We pulled a 2013 Lincoln MKX. Couch did great. Hope that you enjoy yours as much as we did ours.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmarkb View Post
Given that the front cab is exposed to the sun and we are in the southwest, we had the driver and passenger windows tinted as well as a 6" strip across the top of the windshield. Then for when it is parked/set up, we purchased sunshades that work much better than the privacy curtain that Winnebago provided. They have for the front and sides. You can order the front for w/ or w/o a rear view mirror.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/sun_..._w_o_rvm_/2016

For the trunk, I also went to wally world (container store is not in NM currently) and purchased two, 3 drawer plastic storage units that I anchored with 1" screws (one storage unit on the left shelf behind the water hookup) and one storage unit on the right side of the spare tire. I am going to get some hooks for the top of the inside trunk so I can hang lighter items above. I also added a 3" stainless pull handle to the outside of the trunk to help lift it when opening (purchased at online marine store). I was afraid I would pull the locking mechanism out at some point.

Thank you so much ordered shields and will get tinting quick.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

We just got our 2017 Aspect 27K two weeks ago. Neither of us want the trash can in sight, so we got a small 4 gallon one to put under the galley sink. We'll have to take out the trash more often ... or we might find this small trash can just isn't going to cut it. So far we love the new coach ... we upgraded from a 25' Forest River Solera and think we'll love the extras the Aspect affords us.
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:14 AM   #16
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We got the plastic milk cartons for the trunk. They can be lifted out to get things out and to restore items.
Be very careful making the bed. The hoses running from air pump can be pulled. If you pull too hard the connection on the air pull brakes. Had to replace. It was done under warranty. I suggest that you get clamps and anchor them. We got in a bad habit of pulling the mattress down about 6 to 8 inches to put clean sheets back on. This eventually broke the pump connection.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

X2 on The Heat Shield Store products. Going on 2 years with a set now. Top quality and block out 99.9% of any sunlight comming into cab. Easily 20 degrees cooler in cab area. Also act great as privacy shield at night. We don't even use our old privacy curtain anymore.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Great ideas! So really new to this 27k quick question does anyone know what the center light switch in the bedroom goes to )))))))
Old 03-06-2017, 07:04 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Vburrage, In ours the middle switch is for a light near the floor across from the bathroom. Imagine it's a night light to guide us to the bathroom in the dark.
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote