Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Anyone use Coach-Net?

We had a free one year membership to Coach-net for the "basic" service (24/7 RV TECHNICAL & ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE) which paid off already when we needed help on the road for a problem with our murphy bed control switch (the wire in the wall fell off - manufacturing flaw/easy fix).
We're now considering renewing it, but also looking at the Tire & Wheel Protection feature. Not sure if there is a better service available out there for these two features (Technical & Roadside assist as well as Tire & Wheel protection).
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
2006 Itasca Meridian 39K

Had great service one Sunday morning by them, flat tire. I'll renew.
Wingchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

CoachNet is pretty good but there are other road service companies out there. Good Sams being one, FMCA has one, you probably covered under your existing vehicle insurance policy as well. What you really want them for is tire changing, fuel, and jump starting.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have the upgraded Good Sam Roadside Assistance and, as far as I can tell, it is pretty much the same as the Coach-Net plan, but less expensive. In addition the Good Sam plan covers my car as well as my RV while I believe the Coach-Net plan only covers the RV.

I have had to call the Good Sam RA people several times to take care of issues on both the car and the RV and they have always responded promptly and the help that they sent was always knowledgeable. They have done several starts due to a dead battery (the car), a lock-out (the RV) and a tow (the RV) and have never (so far) failed me.

I also have the free Coach-Net plan that came with the new RV we just bought but I assume I will renew the Good Sam plan and not the Coach-Net. Good Sam has been more than sufficient for me and it is considerably less expensive.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I've noticed that the good sam road hazard Platinum service ($190) includes replacement of tires that can't be repaired. The Coach Net Winnebago premium service ($180) doesn't; adding that is another $100. Looks like Good Sam is the better buy.
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
I have the upgraded Good Sam Roadside Assistance and, as far as I can tell, it is pretty much the same as the Coach-Net plan, but less expensive. In addition the Good Sam plan covers my car as well as my RV while I believe the Coach-Net plan only covers the RV.

I have had to call the Good Sam RA people several times to take care of issues on both the car and the RV and they have always responded promptly and the help that they sent was always knowledgeable. They have done several starts due to a dead battery (the car), a lock-out (the RV) and a tow (the RV) and have never (so far) failed me.

I also have the free Coach-Net plan that came with the new RV we just bought but I assume I will renew the Good Sam plan and not the Coach-Net. Good Sam has been more than sufficient for me and it is considerably less expensive.
The Coach-Net plan does cover your cars as well. I've used it for my car. I can't use the Good Sam plan as it is excluded in the state of Maryland. Read through the exclusions on these plans carefully before you buy.
lnkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We had Good Sam for several years. About four years ago we had problems with dealerships we had used in the past who accepted GS no longer would take it. Apparently, there were problems with them getting paid. When we purchased our 2016 Ellipse Ultra we went with CoachNet. No more expensive than GS for identical coverage. We had to use CoachNet when a fuel injector cracked spraying diesel all over the engine and producing a lot of smoke. Had to be towed. CoachNet was great...one call, they set up the tow, stayed on the phone with us until they came. First question from them was "Are you ok and in a safe place?" We like CoachNet.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have used CoachNet several times since 2006 for both our Rv and toad with outstanding support.
Eblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnkaye View Post
The Coach-Net plan does cover your cars as well. I've used it for my car. I can't use the Good Sam plan as it is excluded in the state of Maryland.
Why is it excluded in Maryland? What about the plan is an issue?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
Why is it excluded in Maryland? What about the plan is an issue?
I meant to say that there are parts of the policy that are excluded in Maryland making the plan not competitive with CoachNet.
lnkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:17 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I recently discovered an outstanding benefit included with the Coach-Net Premier plan ... it's their included coverage for Assist America services, which include medical emergencies!

Read about it here:
https://coach-net.com/assistamerica/...istAmerica.pdf

We already had Coach-Net Premier coverage on our motorhome, but the inclusion of Assist America really made it a no-brainer to stay with them.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote