Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Another question - Harvest Host?

Hi all. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but if not please point me in the right direction. I have been reading a lot about "Harvest Host". It sounds like a great way to see different places. Has anyone ever used it and what have your experiences been? Thanks so much.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgh218 View Post
Hi all. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but if not please point me in the right direction. I have been reading a lot about "Harvest Host". It sounds like a great way to see different places. Has anyone ever used it and what have your experiences been? Thanks so much.
Might do better in "Campgrounds", since HH is a place to stay for free, if you like farm markets and wineries.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f257/
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

You might get more responses if you put Harvest Host in the title to your post.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Hi all. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but if not please point me in the right direction.
Hi WGH218

Just to answer your initial question about "this being the right place to ask a question."

Well, you posted in the "Winnebago Class C Motorhomes" forum. So, if your question pertains to a Class C motorhome then it's the correct place. BUT, since you're not asking about your Class C motorhome but asking about camping at Harvest Hosts then your question really is better placed in the "Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions" Forum.

I've moved it there and while I was at it, I changed your Title from "Another Question" to "Another Question - Harvest Host?" That way when people see the title to your thread they'll have a much better idea of what your other question is about.

Hope all this helps you navigate the forum landscape better.

Cheers!
Old 05-31-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
I have been reading a lot about "Harvest Host". It sounds like a great way to see different places. Has anyone ever used it and what have your experiences been? Thanks so much.
We've been members of Harvest Host for 3-years. We've only stayed at 2 or 3 over those three years. So, it's not been a real money saver - BUT we have really liked the couple places we have stayed in.

We always think we'll stay at more of these and just never to seem to find one nearby to our travels - except for one place. We go to Tucson every winter for Jan/Feb and there is a HH only 2 miles from out route that falls at the perfect time in our travels. We've stayed there 3-times and enjoyed it each and every time.

So, we keep renewing.

My advice would be to get a membership and give it a try. If it doesn't work for you don't renew it.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all so much for the info on Harvest Host. Also thanks for the pointers on the forum. As this is my second post I am still learning. Hopefully I will get better over time!
Old 06-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Harvest Host review.

Harvest Hosts is fantastic. We drove from San Francisco to Key West taking back roads traveling over a month and stayed at Harvest Hosts all the way. Met some wonderful people, ate delicious foods and generally loved the experience. You will not regret the expenditure.
dbdguam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We just purchased it last year for the first time. We've only used it once recently, but it was a great experience. I think the usefulness of it depends on the way you travel. For us, when we travel long distances we usually spend a night in a Pilot so I can get some rest after driving. When I say "a night" I mean around five hours usually. But the HH membership allows us to take a longer, more restful stop. We only used it once as I said but I am going to try to incorporate it more in future travels. Spending a few dollars to get some wine/beer appeals to us so we have no complaints. The only thing I would suggest is checking out the possibilities on your route before you travel. They all have different hours and requirements. I looked at one particular place and found that they required a $20 reservation fee that would be used toward your "purchase" upon staying there. I believe this to be a violation of the HH policies so I emailed the company but have not heard back.

If you are going to get a membership, you need to decide between the regular one and the one that includes golf courses. The only thing I don't know is if they expect you to play golf while you are staying at their course. And there are discounts floating around the Internet. You should be able to find a link or code for 15% off.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much. HH sounds like something we would like to try, after our two planned trips this year. Thanks again. Bill
Old 06-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

I'm always somewhat slow to put too much value in warranties but this seems to be a moderately low price to try it and they do seem to say this:
We do have a 3 month 100% money back guarantee if you find that this program won't work for you.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote