Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Adding Stabilizers

I have a 2017 Minnie Winnie, 28 ft and it has a tendency to rock in the wind when setup camping. I bought a couple stabilizer jacks for it, but I don't really see any place to add them. The chassis frame only runs down the center 4 ft and doesn't extend out to the edge of the exterior walls of the RV. Putting the jacks under the chassis frame doesn't keep it from rocking. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Glbybeeut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Glbybeeut,
I see a 2016 27Q which is 28½' long, and a 2017 26A which is 27' long. Both of these are built upon the E-450 chassis, which should have some degree of extra stiffness. The built-in stabilizers were available as an option in my 2019 model.
If these stabilizers which you purchased just sit on the ground and are jacked-up into place, I do not understand why they wouldn't work well when applied to your frame.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-05-2021, 07:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi Glbybeeut,
I see a 2016 27Q which is 28½' long, and a 2017 26A which is 27' long. Both of these are built upon the E-450 chassis, which should have some degree of extra stiffness. The built-in stabilizers were available as an option in my 2019 model.
If these stabilizers which you purchased just sit on the ground and are jacked-up into place, I do not understand why they wouldn't work well when applied to your frame.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
^^^^^^^^ X2 ^^^^^^^

My HWH leveling jacks are attached to the E450 frame and besides leveling, they "almost" stop the rocking in the wind. I put the jacks down at every camp site....even if it's a level concrete pad. Makes a huge difference .... even with people up the to bathroom during the night. :^)

In the 60's I had a towable and I could get the "jack screw-type" stabilizers out further toward the edge .... so that was also pretty effective.

Good times and safe travels to ya.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Adding Stabilizers

Thanks for your responses!
My Winnie Minnie is a 2017 27Q (It is on a 2016 E450 chassis).
I had a PleasureWay Class B that I used scissor jack stabilizers on and they worked quite well to stabilize wind movement. But on the Winnie, the frame seems to be too narrow and they make more of a pivot point for the RV to rock sideways more. I looked at hwh website, but I don't think there is room to install a pair of those jacks. I would be nice though. I haven't tried the pyramid screw jacks. Maybe I will get a pair of them for the front and see if that helps. Thanks again for your advise.

Grant
Old 07-07-2021, 12:51 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thumbs up Addibg Sabilizers

After some research I decided to go with wedge type stabilizers from camperstbilizers.com. They look like the best solution, although a bit pricy. Thanks again for your advise.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Stabilizer pyramid

Glbybeeut,

How did the stabilizer pyramid work out?

Matt
Subsailor653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #7
Boondocker

We have a 2015 Minnie Winnie 31K on an E450 chassis. We haven't noted any bothersome wind rocking when parked, but there are air shocks in the rear, which I keep at about 50 psi. Do you have air shocks, and have you checked the pressure?
Four Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stabilizers