Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Adding levelers to Navion/View MH

Has anyone added levelers (obviously, after market) to navion or view MH's? If so, where did you make the purchase and approx. what was the cost?

tks
kayserc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

There's a potful of info on HWH levelers for WGO V/N on the Yahoo Groups View-Navion forum. Google "yahoo groups view" (without quotes) and the first hit should take you to the registration page. The forum has been around since 2006 (when we bought our 2006 WGO View) and has over 8000 members. I don't check it anymore since we traded for a 30' WGO Vista but it's still the "go to" forum for V/N info.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayserc View Post
Has anyone added levelers (obviously, after market) to navion or view MH's? If so, where did you make the purchase and approx. what was the cost?

tks
If you haven't already, you should weigh your rig fully loaded and with some amount of fluids in the tanks, then find out the added weight of a leveling system to determine if your total weight would exceed capacity of the motorhome. Complete leveling systems can add a significant amount of weight.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayserc View Post

tks
Before you make a purchase check with either Winnebago or your Mercedes dealer. For several years Mercedes said the addition of a leveling system on the Sprinter chassis would void the chassis warranty.

I'm not sure if that policy is still in effect, but if Winnebago doesn't offer a leveling system as an option there has to be a reason.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

On the Yahoo Groups View-Navin forum, in response to a June 2015 post re: HWH levelers and MB warranty:
In a word - no. They do all bolt on work vs welding and does not void the warranty automatically. If by some odd chance they damaged the frame and it could linked to a warranty claim there could be a problem. Same is true for any modification you do.

I have never heard of any warranty issue ever with HWH levelers. I have had mine for 9 years.

Tom in NY

06NH
Tom is the owner of the Group and knows what he's talking about. The reasons I never installed levelers on my 06 WGO View was because, 1) I'm too cheap and 2) the short wheelbase is easy to level w/o.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

There have been several discussions on this subject on both RV.Net and the Sprinter Forum. One of the situations often discussed is the weight carrying capacity of the chassis. Depending on the model and amenities of the motorhome the chassis may already be near or at it's GVWR. The weight of the leveling system must be taken into consideration. If the chassis becomes overloaded by the addition it may have an effect on the warranty. Keep in mind there's a reason Winnebago doesn't install leveling systems on motorhomes built on the Sprinter chassis.

The decision is yours. Just be informed.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I am considering trading my Ford 53 class A 26HE for a Sprinter based MH.

I am doing researches from various sources on Sprinter based MH and found that Leisure Van, amongst others, offer a stabilising system as an option. It may not lift the rig off its wheels but the intent is to eliminate the sway when camped and that's fine with me.

To keep up with the competition, Winnebago will have to offer this option as well... if not from factory, then through the dealer.

Tags
levelers