Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

A couple of questions on my 2019 View 24J

On the factory installed Onan 3600 LP genset, is there a separate battery installed for starting or does it use the coach batteries? If there is, where is the battery installed? I could not find a parts breakdown for this unit (it is not on the Onan CD).

2nd question, my unit has a 1,000 watt Magnum Dimensions Pure Sine Wave Inverter. What all is connected to this inverter? The outlets in the coach? Other items? The manual is not real clear on this.

Thanks so much!

-steve
Old 09-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
HFA
Winnebago Camper

The generator starts from the house batteries. The inverter powers the AC outlets, including the TV, but not the heat or Air Conditioner.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepsd View Post
On the factory installed Onan 3600 LP genset, is there a separate battery installed for starting or does it use the coach batteries? If there is, where is the battery installed? I could not find a parts breakdown for this unit (it is not on the Onan CD).

2nd question, my unit has a 1,000 watt Magnum Dimensions Pure Sine Wave Inverter. What all is connected to this inverter? The outlets in the coach? Other items? The manual is not real clear on this.

Thanks so much!

-steve
Hello, I have the exact same RV....

A1 - the starting battery in under the floor board of the driver seat. The 2 coach batteries are underneath the top step of the entrance to the motorhome. They are 2 group24 Nappa lead acid batteries.

A2 - The outlets that are connected to the inverter are... Outlet behind the kitchen TV, outlet in the footwell of the dinette slide out, outlet in the bedroom TV, outlet above the bedroom shelf area.
jnguyen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies! It was most helpful.