Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2020, 01:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

3m Under Counter Water Filter

Getting the coach ready for our first trip. I purchased a 3m water filter online. The coach came with the plug in the system. After removal of plug and insertion of the new filter, the water coming out of the faucet is very slow. I understand the filter only filters the cold side,,,,but should the output be that greatly reduced? Thanks
Old 12-10-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Check flow in the bath and if thats good check/ clean the aerator in the faucet.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

The kitchen cold water filter reduces the water pressure at the faucet for cold water, reducing the flow.

The installed filter is a D20. You can get a weaker filter (D10) which will have less impact on the water pressure, but also filters less.

We decided to replace the D20 with a D30, which does a better job filter, but even further reduces the water pressure.

And that's been OK for us. Most of the time, we don't need filtered water for washing dishes or boiling water for cooking. It's mostly when we're filling ice cube trays or making drinks that we use the filtered water.

There is also a D40 filter that provides greater filtration - and that reduces the water to a trickle - which was too slow for us to use.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for your experience. Have not been able to find D10- D20 filters listed though.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The D20-A filters are for the Culligan filtration system, what we have in our View 24D.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:15 PM   #6
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Thanks for your experience. Have not been able to find D10- D20 filters listed though.
Sounds like he has a different system than you do but his point is valid. The more elements that are filtered out the less flow you will get. You have to decide the trade off you can live with and what it’s worth to you.

Is the flow the same on the house pump as it is when you’re connected to city water?

Do you have a city water pressure regulator?
Old 12-11-2020, 06:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Exactly. Different system, same concept. Will be hooking up to water tomorrow,,,so I will run it out for a while and see what happens. 3M advertises there is little to no flow restriction with their filters,,,,may need to just run it for a while.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

3M Water Filter A1

My 2016 View 24V came with an undersink 3M filter that says "Model A1", but I cannot seem to find this filter on Amazon. There are many that look similar, but I'd hate to order one only to find it won't fit.

It is the original filter, but I have not been using any filter for awhile, but I'd like to get a new one if someone can help me select the proper model number.

Thanks, Gary
gthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

gthatch,
From a thread I posted to a while ago... the correct replacement filter is a 3M Aqua Pure C-CYST-FF.

Regards, Mike
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

valve

there is a valve on the head unit. have you looks that its not all the way in the right position. i did that once. just checken
Barny750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthatch View Post
My 2016 View 24V came with an undersink 3M filter that says "Model A1", but I cannot seem to find this filter on Amazon. There are many that look similar, but I'd hate to order one only to find it won't fit.

It is the original filter, but I have not been using any filter for awhile, but I'd like to get a new one if someone can help me select the proper model number.

Thanks, Gary
We had a 2014 Navion with that same filter. I could never find a replacement that would work. Even the dealer couldn’t find one. So I just quit using the filter. We traded that for a 2019 View and I see it has a different brand filter.
AZ Okies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Just to close the loop. I pulled the filter and reseated it and viola! Getting pretty close to full water pressure now. The filter I purchased on Amazon

Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Quick Change Water Filtration Filter 3US-PF01, for use with 3US-PS01 System

Tags
water