Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

24V matress

We have an 18 24V with the optional Froli bed springs. We prefer to have bed made out into the king, but seems the center section likes to slide and separate and one of our hips slide into the cracks for multiple bad nights of sleep. We’ve tried putting a mattress topper on top, but the center section still slides and hip goes into the crack. Has anyone else encountered this and do you have a remedy? Really don’t (not ready too) wanna start sleeping on 2 twins. 😱 suggestions please!
Imabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We keep ours as twins most of the time. Easier egress/ingress, less disturbance for your co-pilot during nighttime bathroom use, and just works better for us.

Short of adding a layer of lightweight plexiglass, plywood, or other solid surfaced topper on top of all of the existing cushions, and then a soft mattress topper on top of that, I can't think of any way to resolve the cushions separating problem. If you try this fix, make sure whatever you use can handle your weight without shattering, splintering, or otherwise suffering catastrophic structural failure. I take no responsibility for that outcome.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:13 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

rubber shelf liners keeps my cushions from moving as much on my dining area bed when used

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-EasyLine...SIN=B002AS9NAI
Old 10-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

And, here I was trying to figure out what a 24 volt mattress was.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Hello, I have been trying to find a better mattress for our new outlook 2019. Current one is very uncomfortable; any suggestions?
yruegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

My first reaction to this was: What in the heck is a 24 volt mattress?"
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Vita 24P

I know on my old travel trailer I put a select comfort that I had laying around, Now it feels like home, not sure how this new rig bed is, need to break it in. Just bought a M24P Vita with a queen bed slide out. Had to buy a step stool for wife so she could get in bed. Fun times ahead.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

The OEM mattress in our 27Q was only about 5" thick. I didn't have a big problem with it since I can sleep on a rock, but the DW said it gave her leg cramps and sore joints.

So this summer before our trip to the Lower-48 we got a Serta mattress from our local military exchange on sale for $600. It's a foam mattress about 12" and even though it was hard to get into the coach and into the bedroom it is fantastically comfortable and was well worth the money and effort.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

The OEM mattress on my J View was terrible with folds and splits. I tossed it out after 2 yrs and replaced it with a $150 Lucid foam mattress that I trimmed to fit in the RV. It's not perfect but still a major improvement.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

BobC

I think the 24 Volt mattress falls into the "special" category... something like magic finger beds .. LOL
Old 10-24-2019, 06:12 AM   #11
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imabird View Post
We have an 18 24V with the optional Froli bed springs. We prefer to have bed made out into the king, but seems the center section likes to slide and separate and one of our hips slide into the cracks for multiple bad nights of sleep.
We have the exact same unit with the Froli system and often use our bed in the king arrangement. When ours is setup in this way it is perfectly on-plane across; even with body weight on it, the center fill cushions are on-plane. It is a snug fit for the fill cushion between the two single mattresses.
I'm thinking that you might not be using the sliding "back-board" correctly? Although there isn't really any science to it - just pull it out from the center head like a drawer. The backer board should rest on the supports right above each of the drawer units that is located under each of the single beds.

The only other option I can think of is that you might have been supplied with center cushions for a non-Froli system, however, I think the Froli is standard equipment on the 24V and not an option. Just a thought but you can verify this by looking at the center cushion at the head. If it is on-plane then something is up with your setup on the bottom half.

Bobby