Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

22M bed bump out.

Just picked up the new (2021) MW 22M. Glad I got the new V8! After emptying our Arctic fox 22’ trailer, we quickly found out how “Minnie” this is! We’ll be ok. However, we have two issues:
1. That 1/2 bed bump out is more than difficult. What have some of you done to make it easier to fold and retract?
2. Looks like I need a degree of MIT to figure out how to turn the Sony DVD on! And, what’s with that big nav screen with all these apps listed on the dash? Is there a special procedure to work the TV’s and DVD? I’ll be in crisis mode this weekend if I can’t get Looney Tunes DVD to work for the grands!
Resbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Resbiker,
I first deploy the slide-out, hook the sheet onto the top mattress, and then slide the mattress out the three feet. I never fold/flip the mattress half, because it will hang-up on the valences. Remember that the mattress with the grab loops is the half you slide-out; making retrieval easy.
Regarding your electronics, perhaps your grandkids could help? Sort of half-kidding, but sometimes the kids figure things out pretty well. Maybe someone with the same model year as yours can help?
As I also have a 22M, you might like to look at the threads I have started, in case some of them interest you. Click here, then select <Statistics> and <Find all threads started by Eagle5>.
Thanks, Eagle5