Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2021, 10:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2022 View serial number

Does anyone know what a typical 2021 or 2022 View serial number looks like. I do not mean the Mercedes chassis VIN. I am talking about the serial number assigned by Winnebago and how do you decode the year. Just got my VIN and serial number. The serial number does not make sense to me unless the dealer sent it wrong.
Thanks
bernie
berniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I don't have a full number but I see nothing related to decoding the serial number. This is info that gives some info on the first seven digits?

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

24D (Serial Number begins with 1053211)

I would assume the serial number is on the label near the door?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I think I need someone who owns a 2021 or 2022 View to answer this. I always thought the serial number was 12 digits. I could be wrong. The last 5 numbers are all you need for the parts catalog, but thats all you get. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I don't have a full number but I see nothing related to decoding the serial number. This is info that gives some info on the first seven digits?

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

24D (Serial Number begins with 1053211)

I would assume the serial number is on the label near the door?
Old 05-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniez View Post
I think I need someone who owns a 2021 or 2022 View to answer this. I always thought the serial number was 12 digits. I could be wrong. The last 5 numbers are all you need for the parts catalog, but thats all you get. Thanks anyway.
The serial numbers are 12 digits. Each floor plan of the View starts out with their own numbers.

See link for the different years. https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Files/Winnebago/Resources/Diagram/Wiring.htm

I don't know the decoding of the entire serial number.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

When we purchased our 21D last June from Lichtsinn, included in the paperwork was a label listing specifics of the vehicle as built by Winnebago and delivered to the dealership, prior to upgrades.

It contains items such as the make, model #, serial #, chassis VIN, exterior L/W/H, tank sizes and the options installed by Winnebago (in our case - interior paint/colors, diesel generator, upgraded cab seats and full body paint).

As mentioned above, the serial number is 12 digits. If there is a decoder for the serial number, it doesn't appear to be online.

Though once the dealership begins installing options, the serial number doesn't provide much value, even if it does indicate factory installed options.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I understand how it is set up for parts. The dealer sent me a serial number that does not quite make sense. The serial is like this XXX-XXXXX. All numbers. The last 5 make sense because that tells what the parts are. It seems like there should be a 4 more digits at the front end. That is why I was hoping a 2021 or 2022 owner could look at his tag on his vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
The serial numbers are 12 digits. Each floor plan of the View starts out with their own numbers.

See link for the different years. https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

I don't know the decoding of the entire serial number.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Based on what you are saying, I am missing 4 digits or letters of the serial. I will call Winnebago tomorrow. Seems odd the dealer is not giving me the full serial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
When we purchased our 21D last June from Lichtsinn, included in the paperwork was a label listing specifics of the vehicle as built by Winnebago and delivered to the dealership, prior to upgrades.

It contains items such as the make, model #, serial #, chassis VIN, exterior L/W/H, tank sizes and the options installed by Winnebago (in our case - interior paint/colors, diesel generator, upgraded cab seats and full body paint).

As mentioned above, the serial number is 12 digits. If there is a decoder for the serial number, it doesn't appear to be online.

Though once the dealership begins installing options, the serial number doesn't provide much value, even if it does indicate factory installed options.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:49 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I understand how it is set up for parts. The dealer sent me a serial number that does not quite make sense. The serial is like this XXX-XXXXX. All numbers. The last 5 make sense because that tells what the parts are. It seems like there should be a 4 more digits at the front end. That is why I was hoping a 2021 or 2022 owner could look at his tag on his vehicle.
If your look at the link I posted, you will see floorplans 24D, 24J, 24V end in 221, 821, 521 so if the serial number the dealer gave you started with one of those three, and then ended with your xxxxx that would add up to 12. Just a guess but your serial number will start with the exact same numbers as the link.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
If your look at the link I posted, you will see floorplans 24D, 24J, 24V end in 221, 821, 521 so if the serial number the dealer gave you started with one of those three, and then ended with your xxxxx that would add up to 12. Just a guess but your serial number will start with the exact same numbers as the link.
These numbers were for the 2022 View.

For 2021, in the link they are 211,811,511.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:03 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Check the big book you received with your View. There should be a sheet with the WBO serial number on it.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
Check the big book you received with your View. There should be a sheet with the WBO serial number on it.
I think he is waiting for his order still and hasn't taken delivery.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Based on what you are saying, I am missing 4 digits or letters of the serial. I will call Winnebago tomorrow. Seems odd the dealer is not giving me the full serial.

Other than the serial number doesn't match what you expected, I'm missing the question you have????

If you have paperwork with the serial number and it matches the serial number on the RV, what is the question?
Are you missing the paperwork or missing the label on the RV?
This is about as complete info as I can find:
https://winnebagoparts.com/resources...our-motorhome/

One of the few items we rarely find complaints about is the serial number not working!!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I do not have the motorhome yet. It just came into the dealer. I am 900 miles from there. The issue is my insurance company wants the VIN and the serial number. Don't know why. They just requested it. These number should be on the white sheet attached to the motorhome. I am not overly concerned. Just for an experienced dealer, this should be simple. The last 5 digits are all that matters for parts. After viewing this thread awhile, I think I have figured out the complete serial anyway. Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Other than the serial number doesn't match what you expected, I'm missing the question you have????

If you have paperwork with the serial number and it matches the serial number on the RV, what is the question?
Are you missing the paperwork or missing the label on the RV?
This is about as complete info as I can find:
https://winnebagoparts.com/resources...our-motorhome/

One of the few items we rarely find complaints about is the serial number not working!!!
Old 06-02-2021, 07:33 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

The serial number is 12 numbers, all together. No breaks. It's assigned by Winnebago, they use it when you're getting warranty service.....they know exactly what components your specific unit has.
NavOwner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view