Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2022 View 24D side windows

I’m looking for other owners that have the “plastic acrylic” windows in their motorhome and what they’ve done to gain privacy and cut down on the heat.
I’ve been told by numerous companies that tint is not an option. I’d love some input please.
I had no idea this would be such a problem.
Bsjoberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Are you talking about the "dual pane" windows?

Aren't those supposed to provide better insulation than the standard glass windows?

We have the standard windows in our 2021 24D.

When in the hot sun and high heat, we use the windshield shades in the cab and have the covers over the overcab windows. We have the shade closed on the coach door window and the blinds over the kitchen counter turned so they are facing down (so the sun doesn't come in). For the dinette, we'll lower both the mesh shade and the blackout shade. And we'll have the murphy bed shade down - and the bathroom blinds closed.

This keeps out much of the heat. We've experimented a little with putting a cover over the exhaust fan between the coach door and the dinette - and haven't noticed much difference. Same thing with the fan in the bathroom.

The one area where we can tell heat is coming in is the skylight over the shower - something we really don't need for light. We've talked about putting a cover over that to cut down on the heat - but I'm concerned that could trap moisture and cause other problems.

Unfortunately, when it is very hot outside, the roof air conditioning isn't strong enough to bring the temperature down quickly. I've made some improvements inside the unit by adding insulation to better seal the input/output sides and secure the separator - and that has helped to reduce some of the noise while increasing air flow. But that hasn't been enough to get the coach to cool down quickly - especially if the temperature is in the 90-100's outside.

One thing we've found that can help is while driving - run the cab air conditioning at LO temperature with max fan - and then start the generator and turn on the coach air conditioning. With both units running that can help to bring the coach temperature down once we get to the RV site and park.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks

I appreciate your response and recommendations.
The windows are actually a single pane acrylic window that opens outward...
This was supposed to be a nice upgrade on the 2022 view but it clearly is not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2224.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	183314  
Bsjoberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We had the acrylic windows ordered as a option when we had a view on order, They were listed as dual pane. That is why we opted for them. Would have been very disappointed getting these windows. Hope you can come up with a solution.
dajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

For the skylight over the shower I painted mine (on the outside) with white "Plasti-Dip" - made a huge difference in heat gain. Nice thing about the Plasti-Dip is that it will peel off cleanly of you ever want to remove it. I see no reason to remove it.

John
2016 Navion G
jayelldouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Double check, mine look exactly the same but double pane. The outside is flat with the coach and the inside protrudes inward. I keep my screens down or the full shade up during full sun.
Aerneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Nobody seems to have any comments about the cross-ventilation feature with having the acrylic windows. Does anyone find it enjoyable to open them and have a slight breeze coming through and not having to use AC to create air movement?
Thx
dalewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 07:47 PM   #8
GJM
Winnebago Camper

We just picked up our 2023 View 24V, among the options the dual pane acrylic windows was one of our selections. We had seen both window available types in person and really like the better view, the ability to open the window more, noise reduction, and the better insulation from the double pane. Cross ventilation is awesome! As for privacy we really haven't had issues. The screens act as a block when down, and the shades can be pulled up as far as needed for privacy. For extreme temperatures we plan on using a double reflective insulation barrier.
We like the View from our View with the acrylic double panes.
First post need to up date my profile.
GJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We have the 2021 Navion 24V with the acrylic windows. They are dual pane. Great having them open when its raining. What I don't see in your photo is the screens or sun shades that came with our unit. Screen pulls down from top sun shade pulls up from the bottom. Screen and shade will snap together making a very nice privacy shade. Are you sure the screens are not pushed up all the way? Same for the sun shades, pushed al the way down?
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view, window