Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2022, 09:02 AM   #1
Ron

2022 Navion feedback on 2 Issues

On our 1st road trip in our 2022 Navion 24 D. Curious about two items if anyone has the same thoughts...1. The couch back cushions when the Murphey bed is folded into the wall are very uncomfortable as they are tilted forward a bit. I thought that the bed was not fully folded up but that is not the case. Can't really sit back on the couch comfortably. Am I missing something here?

2. On our 2015 Navion there was a toilet sprayer that really helped in keeping the toilet clean. Just realized our new Navion does not have one. Makes for a bit of extra work. It would have been nice
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Have you tried using the shower head/hose to rinse the toilet? I think it would reach in our 2018 N24V but I haven't tried it, as we have the sprayer/rinser, like the one you had in the 2015 Navion.
Too bad about the Murphy bed/couch. One of the reasons we avoided models like that was the need to deploy it to sleep, and the added weight of the full wall slide, in an already overloaded coach design.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

If the top of the cushions are tilted forward, it's possible the top of the cushions aren't all of the way pushed back.

The cushions have retaining straps that can be used to secure them to the bed frame when the bed is lowered.

We haven't needed to us the retaining straps in our 21D. Instead, if we remove the cushions, when reinstalling them, we'll make sure the bottom of the cushions are securely seated between the couch cushion and the bed frame, and then pushing down on the top of the cushion, push it as far back as we can into the bed frame. This provides enough tension in the cushion to keep it securely fastened.

As for the toilet, we keep a toilet bowl brush in the bathroom (the container is secured to the floor and back wall using command strips), and use that if we ever need to do a quick brush down of the toilet to keep it clean. Doing that, haven't found a need to use the shower head to wash the inside of the toilet bowl.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I just keep a small throw pillow to put behind my lower back for that very reason. 21D
Richvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Checked the sofa cushions on our 21D's murphy bed. And while they aren't super-comfortable, they aren't that bad - and they don't have the tops leaning forward.

Since I've taken the sofa cushions out to remove the mattress (and access the fresh water tank while installing our SeeLevel II monitoring panel), I know that when I put the cushions back into the sofa, they are seated solidly - with the tops of the cushions pinched to keep them in place - and vertical.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:42 AM   #6
Ron

2022 Navion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
Have you tried using the shower head/hose to rinse the toilet? I think it would reach in our 2018 N24V but I haven't tried it, as we have the sprayer/rinser, like the one you had in the 2015 Navion.
Too bad about the Murphy bed/couch. One of the reasons we avoided models like that was the need to deploy it to sleep, and the added weight of the full wall slide, in an already overloaded coach design.
A belated thanks for your reply. the shower hose will reach the toilet and that's what I will use. Good Day
Old 08-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #7
Ron

Thanks for your reply. I will try to push the cushions into the frame a bit more. Do you take the cushions off the Murphy bed when lowering and sleeping? I have found that the bed doesn't open completely if I leave the cushions on when lowering. The legs have about an inch from the floor. It just felt like I should take the cushions off. Also, did you buy a "topper" for the mattress? If so, can I ask what you bought and where didi you get it? Good Day
Old 08-11-2022, 10:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The cushions on our new 24D View actually go down a bit under the bed frame. Have you tried pushing them down under the bed a little?

And we haven't slept in ours yet, so please let us know what you do about the topper. Hope you enjoy your new rig !
Stevie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron N View Post
Thanks for your reply. I will try to push the cushions into the frame a bit more. Do you take the cushions off the Murphy bed when lowering and sleeping? I have found that the bed doesn't open completely if I leave the cushions on when lowering. The legs have about an inch from the floor. It just felt like I should take the cushions off. Also, did you buy a "topper" for the mattress? If so, can I ask what you bought and where didi you get it? Good Day
We do not take off the cushions when raising the bed. We also leave all of the bedding on the bed with the pillows when raising the bed.

If the bed won't lower all of the way with the cushions on (and does with the cushions off), it could be that the cushions aren't completely seated at the top or the bottom, preventing the bed from coming down completely.

This needs to be fixed otherwise you'll risk damaging the bed/motor assembly if too much tension is being applied to the bed when lowered.

With our 21D, the bed tends to drop down pretty quickly - so we'll try to hold it as it lowers to the floor so we can lower more slowly before hitting the floor (and hopefully protect the floor a little).

If the bed still has problems lowering with the cushions removed, then the problem could be the straps used for raising/lowering the bed. The straps may be too tight - and preventing the bed from lowering all of the way.

To adjust those, remove both bed cushions while the bed is up. You'll probably want to also remove the mattress - which should be held with 4 straps - which can be unbuckled. There should be two straps (on either side of the sofa/bed) and brackets where those straps attach to the frame. By loosening the brackets, you should be able to loosen the straps (a little - don't do it too much) and that should allow the bed to come down fully.

Be careful about adjusting the straps too much - because that will affect both how far down the bed will lower and how far up the bed will be pulled when it is raised.

As for the mattress. We added a padded mattress protector - but haven't (yet) added a topper. Others have indicated adding a 2" or 3" topper - that has to be cut down, because the bed isn't a full-length queen bed - it's a few inches shorter.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:29 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

I added the toilet hand spray to the toilet. You can buy in on Amazon, for $38. Easy to install…. Search for Toilet RV Hand Spray.
Melabago is offline   Reply With Quote