Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-27-2021, 09:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question 2021 Winnebago View Soft Cab Floor Section

We just purchased a 2021 Winnebago View 24D. The area between the two seats in the cab has a plastic floor that is quite pliable or squishy. We’ve had multiple reassurances that that is standard for the latest version of the Mercedes chassis. Do other owners of 2021 Winnebago view motorhomes see the same soft area between the two cabs seats? Does anybody have an explanation as to why it is soft and what is underneath it? Does anybody see this as a hazard for tripping or otherwise? Has anyone determined a workaround or fix to remedy the softness?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ebenser...
ebenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The flooring between the cab seats in our 2021 View 24D has quite a bit of give and tends to squeak.

It's possible you could fasten something to the top of the ledge behind that area (the floor in the chassis), to provide more stability.

Though - since it doesn't seem to cause any problems - just living with it should be OK.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2020 View J, and not only is the floor between the driver and passenger seat squishy, a tear has developed between them that is roughly aligned with the front of those seats. It’s about 8 inches long. I haven’t had a chance to take it into a M-B dealership yet, but I’m expecting to have it replaced under warranty.
Mowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone ordered Weathertech mats that cover the center hump properly and if so what model?
37NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Check the WeatherTech website:

https://www.weathertech.com/mercedes...floor-duct/no/

Note that only the large piece for the driver/passenger footwells fit - according to WeatherTech, the piece between the seats will not fit RVs.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
Check the WeatherTech website:

https://www.weathertech.com/mercedes...floor-duct/no/

Note that only the large piece for the driver/passenger footwells fit - according to WeatherTech, the piece between the seats will not fit RVs.
I saw that, was wondering about the one piece and if anyone had personal experience - that note does not appear for that part and looks like it straddles the hump
Old 03-27-2021, 06:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I was tempted to order one and suspected that I might have to cut it (at the back?) to get it to fit.

But, after using our View with the front WeatherTech mat for over 16K miles - it's OK not to have a mat between the seats. The front mat gets pretty dirty when we enter the cab from the outside. The area between the seats really hasn't been that dirty - and primarily just needs a vacuum to periodically remove gravel/leaves.
Old 03-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37NG View Post
I saw that, was wondering about the one piece and if anyone had personal experience - that note does not appear for that part and looks like it straddles the hump
Not sure if I'm understanding the question. Are you asking about the one piece that covers over the center hump too? I have the one piece that includes the driver, passenger, and the middle hump (not the rear soft section) discussed in this thread.

Works fine. Could be a pain if you have to remove it completely to clean it due to the large size, but I've only had to vacuum it.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

There is a second mat that goes between the driver and passenger seats with a cutout for the parking brake. This wasn't available when we purchased our Sprinter last summer, so we didn't try to buy it.

The WT website states this piece is not compatible with Sprinter-based RVs - I'm guessing part of the mat (the end facing the coach?) may have to be trimmed to get it to fit.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
Not sure if I'm understanding the question. Are you asking about the one piece that covers over the center hump too? I have the one piece that includes the driver, passenger, and the middle hump (not the rear soft section) discussed in this thread.

Works fine. Could be a pain if you have to remove it completely to clean it due to the large size, but I've only had to vacuum it.
Yes, thanks for clarifying. Ordered

Tags
view, winnebago