Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2023, 05:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2021 View 24D Slide Out Issue

Hello,

I am new to the forum, we just picked up a lightly used 2021 View 24D with 8,600 miles on it.

There is an issue with the slide out. One side is not moving out when I am putting the slide out out.

Any ideas what this may be? A fuse?

Thank you in advance for your help!
jcvalois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are two small motors at each end of the slide which work together to move it. They are often hidden under the trim at the corners but take various methods to get to them. If one fails, gets unplugged, etc the slide doesn't move on that tend. Sometimes as simple as the link between motor and gear is all. Observe the track running along the slide on each end where the motor and gear move?
Parts catalog here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
click this snip to get better view!

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	185127

They are on the same wiring circuit and should work together so if one moves it is not likely to be fuse, etc. Sorry!

If one can look from inside it is often possible to see the mmotor if we pull the rubber flap back. Not a big job to change but getting to it can be tricky. Several online videos may help.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 05:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The controller is located under the slide on the front wall of the storage compartment. There are LEDs on it that can give you an idea of what the problem is. The fault codes are listed on the nameplate on the front of the controller.

I have attached the owners guide.

here are two plugs, one for each motor. You may be able to swap them to see if the problem goes to the other motor. If after swapping the plugs, the other motor starts to move, that would tell me the controller is defective.

The controller sends power to the motor to make it move in one direction. The controller reverses the positive and negative to move in the opposite direction.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SlideOut.pdf (1.44 MB, 120 views)

Tags
slide, slide out, view