Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon View Post
I ordered my RV from a dealer approx. 420 miles from my home, and apparently have to pick the vehicle up at another location approx. 2000 miles from where I live.
Congrats on your new RV... but why the difference between where you ordered and where you're picking up?
Old 04-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Congrats on your new RV... but why the difference between where you ordered and where you're picking up?
They said something about not being able to deliver the View from that location. They are a national company and I just happened to call the closest dealer.

Not a huge deal for me as I travel often for business to where I have to pick the unit up from.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:22 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Have you checked if you can pick up at the factory instead?

Otherwise, someone else will drive the RV from the factory and then you'll add another 2000 miles before you get the RV home.

And, wherever you pick up the RV - plan to stay for at day or two to get any obvious issues resolved before starting your drive.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:37 PM   #24
Site Team

Also, lots of times when folks pickup their RV far from home they make the mistake of budgeting too little time. They want to get in there and get on the road with their new RV.

That's a big mistake. It's best to get to the dealer's city the day before the pickup. Then go in early and spend the whole day going through the PDI confirming everything works as advertised and also learning how everything works.

You'll also want to spend at least one night or better yet two staying in the RV as close as possible to the dealership. Many will let you "camp" right there at the dealership. There will be things that don't work or are missing or you don't understand. Being able to pop back into the dealer the next day or two to get things fixed and to learn more about the operation of everything can make all the difference.

I can't tell you how many times we've seen said tales of folks that got to the dealer's at four in the afternoon and set out for home 1000 miles away at 5pm. Only to get 300 miles down the road and find serious issues with the RV. Too far to go back and no dealer within hundreds of miles that can fit you in to their schedule.

When we share this advice we usually hear, "Oh, I can't do that I have limited time. I have to get going."

So now it's up to you to make this happen. You will be happy you did.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:42 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
Have you checked if you can pick up at the factory instead?

Otherwise, someone else will drive the RV from the factory and then you'll add another 2000 miles before you get the RV home.

And, wherever you pick up the RV - plan to stay for at day or two to get any obvious issues resolved before starting your drive.
Actually, the pickup location is only 2.5 hours from where my company is located. I will be staying there for several weeks after I pick up the RV. Luckily I am fairly flexible with my time and can spend as much time as I need to make sure I am ready to head back west to where I live.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:57 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I ordered my RV from a dealer approx. 420 miles from my home, and apparently have to pick the vehicle up at another location approx. 2000 miles from where I live.

The reason I went with this dealer was because I could not find any other dealer that would offer a decent price. All pricing I would see advertised recently was the outrageous MSRP. Of course no one has any inventory, but to order, I was hearing maybe 8% of MSRP.

One dealer turned down my offer of around 21% off off of MSRP on a 2021 they had coming in this April (2021).

In February. I finally ordered my 24D at around 29% off the MSRP. Put $7K on a credit card, now I wait. Hopefully, they don't come back and raise the price when it comes in.
I ordered a View in Oct last year. 29% off MSRP after much haggling. WB raised prices after I ordered but unit was already locked in production on the previous price. After the increase I got 32% off new MSRP. Mine was heavily optioned so a bit pricier than an off the lot unit so might have been harder to sell. I was expecting funny business but got none, and it showed up more or less on time.

That said I’m very unimpressed with RV dealers as a group, and if you are not into being DIY tech/gear head I can see the potential for the RV experience to be very disappointing
37NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:53 AM   #27
Site Team

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37NG View Post
That said I’m very unimpressed with RV dealers as a group, and if you are not into being DIY tech/gear head I can see the potential for the RV experience to be very disappointing
This ^

This statement needs to be mounted on a plaque and affixed to a wall near the door of every RV.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:06 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I ordered a View in Oct last year. 29% off MSRP after much haggling. WB raised prices after I ordered but unit was already locked in production on the previous price. After the increase I got 32% off new MSRP. Mine was heavily optioned so a bit pricier than an off the lot unit so might have been harder to sell. I was expecting funny business but got none, and it showed up more or less on time.

I have a View on order since Aug 2020. Not delivered yet. Mine is supposedly locked in at the price I paid. Not holding my breath. What dealer did you buy from? I ordered through the guy 1 mile from the factory.
berniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:28 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniez View Post
I have a View on order since Aug 2020. Not delivered yet. Mine is supposedly locked in at the price I paid. Not holding my breath. What dealer did you buy from? I ordered through the guy 1 mile from the factory.
Got mine trough General RV. If you have a purchase agreement with a price and have made a deposit they would be really stretching credibility to raise the price. Get a VIN and a screenshot with the order and your name ASAP. Call WB and get an itemized list of appliances, and components by model and serial #. If your dealer knows you are paying close attention the potential for monkey biz is less IMO
37NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:36 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Got mine trough General RV. If you have a purchase agreement with a price and have made a deposit they would be really stretching credibility to raise the price. Get a VIN and a screenshot with the order and your name ASAP. Call WB and get an itemized list of appliances, and components by model and serial #. If your dealer knows you are paying close attention the potential for monkey biz is less IMO
I do have a contract with price and a $10,000.00 deposit in place. No VIN yet, but Winnebago advised me the last 5 digits of the serial number is in place.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:59 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

2021 View 24D production/delivery issues

Yes. If you have a VIN and P.O. they can't increase your purchase price. I ordered mine 10/25 as a 2021, but with the delays I'm getting a 2022 locked into the 2021 purchase price.
dave5131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:36 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniez View Post
I ordered through the guy 1 mile from the factory.
You should have no worries. Litchsinn RV in Forest City is the number one Winnebago dealer in the US and has a stellar reputation.

Lots of RVs are being held up from delivery due to shortages in things like Fridges, A/C units, water heaters, etc. In many cases the manufacturers are building the RV as completely as they can and then storing them while waiting for missing parts. For a few items they are substituting parts from other companies. For instance if they have a bulk purchase agreement for a certain A/C unit from a company but can't get them they are turning to other companies that make similar components.

This problem is happening industry wide.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I also ordered mine from General RV. I did not get a huge amount of paperwork, just a DocuSigned customer quote that spells out the Sales price, P.D.I, Delivery/Setup fees, and Doc Fee. Signed by myself and the manager. Also has a copy of the deposit I placed on the unit. No VIN though.

I have not reached out to WB as I don't have much information to tell them.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #34
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
I also ordered mine from General RV. I did not get a huge amount of paperwork, just a DocuSigned customer quote that spells out the Sales price, P.D.I, Delivery/Setup fees, and Doc Fee. Signed by myself and the manager. Also has a copy of the deposit I placed on the unit. No VIN though.

I have not reached out to WB as I don't have much information to tell them.
----------------
Same thing for me from General RV, just like Neon , Says Delivery date 06/01 . Will see . I am in southern CA . My given pickup location is IL , A little bit worried , Ship it to my place 2000 miles or go pick it up and drive here?. Any advise is appreciated.
marcusyovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusyovas View Post
----------------
Same thing for me from General RV, just like Neon , Says Delivery date 06/01 . Will see . I am in southern CA . My given pickup location is IL , A little bit worried , Ship it to my place 2000 miles or go pick it up and drive here?. Any advise is appreciated.
Yep, similar here...live in Las Vegas. They said that my pickup location is in Wixom, MI. They also stated that my ETA would be sometime in June.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:23 PM   #36
2022 Travato 59KL

I'm waiting with you. I ordered a 2022 Travato in January for a delivery in June. I am worried about the foam shortage delaying things and the crazy RV market.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbit View Post
If you could back out of your order I might be able to help. We purchased a 2021 View 24D. Picked it up at the Winnebago factory in Forest City Iowa August last year and drove it to our home in Arizona and put it in our RV garage. It was a spur of the moment thing because of the Covid.
In hindsight being 78 years we are thinking we made a bad choice and are thinking of selling it.
Bobbit
Send me a email or text we might be interested we are in Phoenix.
Jack.
[email protected].
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:04 PM   #38
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
You should have no worries. Litchsinn RV in Forest City is the number one Winnebago dealer in the US and has a stellar reputation.
My understanding is that they are the number one single store dealer in the US, based on units sold, but that more units have been sold by other multi-store dealers. I seem to remember that is what they claimed on their website when I visited it, but please correct me if that is wrong.

As far as their "stellar reputation" is concerned, I can only agree. Of all of the places that I contacted when we thought we might get an Ekko 24C they were pretty much the only one who actually kept in touch. When I spoke with their service department about doing some work the service manager was on top of everything I asked about and they gave me both good advice and firm price figures, and even talked me out of some modifications I thought about for our Fuse if the Ekko did not work out.

I have nothing but good things to say about them.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #39
Winnebago Camper

Wow! Totally unsat situation. At this rate of delivery the 2022's will be coming out. Might consider pushing for the newer model as compensation for the same price.
Eblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger View Post
I'm waiting with you. I ordered a 2022 Travato in January for a delivery in June. I am worried about the foam shortage delaying things and the crazy RV market.
There is now a foam shortage? What areas are there not shortages. First I heard no chassis from MB, then lack of awnings, no toilets, they replaced the Alcoa wheels, replaced the A/C with a GE unit. Worldwide chip shortage for most of the automotive chassis section. This affects all auto manufacturers. Winnebago must be going crazy trying to get ahead of this.

Tags
view