Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2020, 07:17 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

I'll check the front fan the next time I have the RV (it's in storage right now).

You may be right - found a video review of a 24D online, and it shows the controls on the front fan does not have the reverse button - which would mean the fan is exhaust only.

If the reverse button slows the fan speed down and then returns to exhaust mode, that is confusing...
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
I'll check the front fan the next time I have the RV (it's in storage right now).

You may be right - found a video review of a 24D online, and it shows the controls on the front fan does not have the reverse button - which would mean the fan is exhaust only.

If the reverse button slows the fan speed down and then returns to exhaust mode, that is confusing...
Yes the reverse button is only on the remote. If there is not a reverse button in the fan itself (which it won't), there is no reverse. When I talked to Maxxfan directly on they said Winnebago picked the lower on the totem pole fan. If you want the reverse function, you can buy the parts in the picture. About a 30 minute install and some 12 volt wire connection required.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_100436.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	175638  
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:04 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Confirmed, no reverse button.

Upgrade doesn't look too difficult - though when I went to the Maxx Air website, couldn't find anything about the MaxxVent 3800x that Winnebago is using for View/Navion...

Probably don't need to spend any $$$ on this though, with 3 exhaust fans (bathroom, galley, main coach), we can probably live with that...
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
Yes the reverse button is only on the remote. If there is not a reverse button in the fan itself (which it won't), there is no reverse. When I talked to Maxxfan directly on they said Winnebago picked the lower on the totem pole fan. If you want the reverse function, you can buy the parts in the picture. About a 30 minute install and some 12 volt wire connection required.
Muchos gracias, senior crah.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:19 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

I was looking at the Fantastic fans for sale on Amazon and going back several years the buyers complained about the poor quality and performance and how much the Fantastic fans have been cheapened over the years.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #26
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
The opening is a standard size opening and compatible with any other fan. Whoever gave you that info was incorrect. I've replaced that crappy fan with the Maxfann delux.
Yes, the standard opening in the roof is 14” x 14” for many fans Look up the model of the fan you have, and see it’s install manual for the size opening needed, then you can shop for a replacement plug n play...
Old 11-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

I've never found a size fan built for RV that did not fit the hole but the bigger question comes when you have a cover and you do need to give some thought to getting it centered to avoid the vent cover dragging on the weather proofing cover.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:48 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Look this over. Fits into existing 14” sq. opening. No work on the roof. I replaced bath fan. Much quieter then original.

https://www.amazon.com/VARIABLE-MOTO.../dp/B017C0RLP2
Ken Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Maxxair Fan swap OR replace circuit board to reverse?

Quote:
Are you sure? Like I mentioned, Winnebago put in the remote that has the reverse button. When the push it, the fan will come to a stop and continue again, acting like it is reversing but in reality it spins in the same direction. You will know if it spins in reverse as the fan will blow in very powerful. My 2020 has the 8501k which is not a reverse fan. You can buy retrofit parts to make it reverse. Other 2021 View owners have noted the exact same problem.
I have a 2020 24D. I had Lichtsinn RV replace the bathroom fan with a Maxxair 7500K and I really like it. With all of it's available speeds it can change the air out really fast and it's quiet! Two reasons I upgraded the fan were to get the high speed exhaust flow and also to be be able to reverse the fan to be able to bring in cool outside air along with the main room exhausting to get good air circulation. Rather than to draw in outside air through the bathroom I would rather draw in the outside air through the front Maxxair fan and exhaust it out through the bathroom fan however the front fan does not reverse. Does anyone know how easy it would be to swap the front fan with the rear fan? Or is it easy to replace the front fan circuit board to enable it to reverse? Does anyone know exactly what circuit board is needed and where to buy it?
Lou D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #30
2021 View 24D

Camping World did my upgrade pretty easily. Only snag was the MaxXAir was not available 3 weeks ago but they finally got one in.
fsantore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #31
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou D View Post
I have a 2020 24D. I had Lichtsinn RV replace the bathroom fan with a Maxxair 7500K and I really like it. With all of it's available speeds it can change the air out really fast and it's quiet! Two reasons I upgraded the fan were to get the high speed exhaust flow and also to be be able to reverse the fan to be able to bring in cool outside air along with the main room exhausting to get good air circulation. Rather than to draw in outside air through the bathroom I would rather draw in the outside air through the front Maxxair fan and exhaust it out through the bathroom fan however the front fan does not reverse. Does anyone know how easy it would be to swap the front fan with the rear fan? Or is it easy to replace the front fan circuit board to enable it to reverse? Does anyone know exactly what circuit board is needed and where to buy it?
Go to post 22 that I have. I show a picture with both parts that are required. That's exactly what I did. I replaced the bathroom with the same model you did and out the reverse parts in the front. So on some days I have the front fan in reverse mode and the bathroom in exhaust. That really moves the air. I like have the remote in the bathroom as well.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

On my Sightseer I never removed all sealant. I put Dicor over the top, installed the fan housing and then Dicor around the edges and over the screws. That was 10 years ago. You might want to save yourself some trouble- the original sealant (2 types) on mine was very sticky and seals very well.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Just wondering, how much did the other 2 solar panels cost?

Jerry
Old 11-10-2020, 11:10 AM   #34
Winnie-Wise

Hi Jerry,

I was trying to work with a service rep at the RV dealer who was talking to the actual installer and so I had no clear picture of how the new Victron MPPT charge controller was going to be installed. The rep told me the Victron would have to go on a shelf in the pantry which is not at all appealing. The installer fellow also said that only two 100 Watt PV panels could be added and that they could not be wired in series (which is incorrect as the Victron 100/50 accepts up to 48 volts DC.

I decided not to have the dealer's people do the upgrade of the charge controller and to add the additional panels as it was going sideways from day one. It may be normal for the RV industry but I never received a quote with costs and parts to be used and evidently they get away with operating in that manner. But if they do not do the work properly I am stuck and fixing any mistakes would be a lot more difficult then doing all the work myself.

I installed everything on my last RV and did all the wiring and know which roof mounts to use and so forth. I also have an upper level deck at my house that allowed me to step over a guard rail and onto the roof of the RV when I mounted the rack and roof panels and junction box, and much easier than taking panels and tools up with a ladder.

I am looking into having them replace the bath fan with a MaxxAir 7500K if that is possible.

By the way, a 100W PV sells for $100. The more expensive ones may put out more current when there is shading but otherwise they all operate the same.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:35 AM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Go to post 22 that I have. I show a picture with both parts that are required. That's exactly what I did. I replaced the bathroom with the same model you did and out the reverse parts in the front. So on some days I have the front fan in reverse mode and the bathroom in exhaust. That really moves the air. I like have the remote in the bathroom as well.
A few questions. Did you just call maxxair and order these parts directly? Also I assume this allows the reverse mode when using the remote. Does the parts give you a new panel for the fan that has the reverse button? Do you you 2 separate remotes one for each fan?
misteracng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:44 AM   #36
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteracng View Post
A few questions. Did you just call maxxair and order these parts directly? Also I assume this allows the reverse mode when using the remote. Does the parts give you a new panel for the fan that has the reverse button? Do you you 2 separate remotes one for each fan?
Yes I ordered directly from Maxxair. I'm not sure if any retailers sell or not. Never looked. I happened to call Maxxair directly to get exact parts needed.

Yes the reverse mode will work after adding these parts, and yes 1 of the parts is a new panel (it just a sticky back pad with a wire). The pictures I have show two different parts you need to do the mod.

Yes I have two remotes. The new fan for the bathroom I ordered came with a remote. I mounted it on the wall in front of the toilet, so it can be used just light a switch without ever taking it out of the holster. The positioning of it worked out perfect for the signal to reach the fan.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

Found the parts available from another retailer as an option. https://pantherrvproducts.com/
misteracng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan