Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
I see for the new Views, there is a BluRay DVD and Sound Bar option. I still have the stock TV, added a Bose sound bar and my own DVD as well as a ROKU. I can hear the TV above the Air conditioner, stream our shows when we watch TV and watch the odd DVD if we want.

The Bose does add blue tooth so we can stream music as well. I would like a little screen tilt, but am very happy with the 24D overall. My buddy met up with us recently and after giving him the nickel tour, he's going to order one. himself. They currently have a 2016 View with the rear bed....

I'm thinking a subwoofer would be nice - the Bose that I got does NOT have th4 option for a wireless one, I had thought it did....

best,

Dave-oh
looked into a sound bar for my 20J but the cabinet is too small.
Winnebago Dan 20J
DKDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:08 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDaniels View Post
looked into a sound bar for my 20J but the cabinet is too small.
Winnebago Dan 20J
I attached my soundbar below the TV. attached at the frame in the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1605.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	174089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1604.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	174090  

Dave-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:38 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

what a great idea Dave. I almost bought a Bose soundbar after seeing someone's video but it just would fit my cabinet even though it was small. Probably the one you have if I remember it was only 200 bucks. Plus better under the TV.
Winnebago Dan 20J
Old 06-29-2020, 11:54 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Dave is that a fiber cable for it really doesn't say fiber in the manual it says digital out?

Winnebago Dan 20J
Old 06-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDaniels View Post
Dave is that a fiber cable for it really doesn't say fiber in the manual it says digital out?

Winnebago Dan 20J
Yes. Fiber-optic cable - which I think may be the same as digital out.

The good thing about the Bose is the remote is programmable and works with all my devices. I did have to get and install a repeater for the ROKU, I think, but it all works from the Bose remote...just not always the buttons you'd think.....
Old 06-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

The smart TV we purchased was a Samsung Q50R ($500 from BestBuy).

This is a 32" UltraHD (4K) Smart TV - picture quality was much better than we expected - and it works well in the RV when sitting across in the dinette with the slide out.

We have Samsung phones, so we can stream video directly from one of our phones to the TV via Bluetooth.

The remote doesn't appear to be IR - since it has worked even if it isn't pointed at the TV.

While we spent more for this TV, we're very happy with the louder audio, picture quality and built-in streaming apps.

The TV does support soundbars - appears to work with optical, HDMI (ARC or eARC), WiFi or Bluetooth.

There isn't an obvious place to put a subwoofer in the 24D, so if we upgrade to a soundbar (with wireless rear speakers?), we'd probably need to have one that works without a soundbar.

The JBL Bar 9.1 is interesting because the rear speakers are rechargeable. But it comes with a subwoofer - which is probably a no-go...
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:41 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Where did you find those brackets to mount the sound bar?
Katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:27 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Got the brackets from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I only had to use the two short bars and I used two plastic sleeves I had to make dAmpers for the front/top of the sound bar Between it and the bottom of the TV so it wouldn’t vibrate while under way.

Works for us....
Old 07-01-2020, 07:09 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. Looks like a simple, clean solution.
Katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:10 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Hey Dave where did you see the options for the 2021 Views? I just ordered your sound bar brackets and will probably go with the Bose 24" sound bar. I really want a 12V TV. Can't believe Winnebago didn't go with a 12V as stock. I really like This 32: Furrion with built in sound bar. How cool is that and only about 5" longer so doable. I just don't think I want to go through the hassle of trying to mount it on the same bracket. It's not a smart TV but I have a Roku which I love and have all the apps programed. Check it out at furrion.com.
They list it for like 460 bucks but on Amazon there is a seller at 420 bucks. It has bluetooth and something like zone audio which I was hoping to add my bluetooth speaker Charge4. Probally won't work but all just a wish. I have 440 watts of solar so powering the TV is no big deal but I would love to have a 12V TV.
Winnebago Dan 20J
Old 07-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

With the inverter, coach batteries (especially lithium) and solar panels, is there really a need to run the TV off 12V?
Old 07-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Well it depends for I plan on boondocking a lot and with the freaken small LP tanks Winnebago puts in. Filled what at 80% is like 9lbs. I'd rather run the TV if and when I watch off of 12V than using the converter producing 120V. I'm not an expert but would think the draw on the batteries would be more or is it the same. Good question.

At any case I had decided to get the sound bar from Best Buy today and seen they put them on sale $169.00 and of course now they are all out. Story of my life. I mean I just went in late last week and it was at $249.99 I even thought this was $199.00 6 months ago when I was looking.

So now do I go get the 12V TV with a built in sound bar.
and figure out how to mount it.Best Buy said their stock is getting low and hard getting it replaced. I'm thinking someone mounted this Furrion TV just need to find it.
Winnebago Dan 20J
Old 08-29-2020, 05:43 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Samsung TV Solid Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
I've probably over-engineered the zip ties - each tie is supposed to be strong enough to hold the entire weight of the TV (less than 12 lbs).

And at each mounting point, I've placed 2 or 3 ties.

So I'm pretty confident it's going to stay in place.

And because the back of the cabinet door is visible every time I get in the cabinet, if any of the ties does get loose, I'll have enough warning to either replace the tie or upgrade to something more permanent.

Using the zip ties made the installation simple - with one person helping to hold the TV in position and then the other attaching a few zip ties to the back of the door.
I installed the new Samsung Q50R and really like it!
I was able to get a solid installation by removing the old TV and the black, metal mounting bracket. Rotate the mounting bracket 180 degrees and move it 3/8" to the right and move it up 1-1/8". Bought new longer metric M4-0.7 x 45 mm bolts to thread into the TV mounting holes. Used two 1/2" nylon spacers on each upper bolts and one spacer on each lower bolt and a few additional metal washers as needed. With the spacers I was able to get a solid, tight fit between the black mounting bracket and the TV. I also shortened the door restraint wire cable to keep the door from hitting the cabinet to the left of the TV. The door now opens about 45 degrees instead of 90 degrees. The two side metal brackets with two sided tape were discarded.
It's a great Smart TV!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	24D TV door photo 2010 08 27 01.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	174804   Click image for larger version

Name:	24D TV door router photo 2010 08 28 01.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	174805  

Name:	24D TV door rear photo 2010 08 28 04.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	174806   Click image for larger version

Name:	24D TV door left side photo 2010 08 28 03.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	174807  

Lou D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #34
Winnebago Master

Great install!

While the makeshift mount we have isn't as solid, what we have tilts the TV downward some, eliminating some of the reflections.
Old 08-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Thanks rprochnow!

You found a great TV and your post got me thinking about replacing the deficient original one.

Both mounts work well!

I had Lichtsinn remove the two original flexible solar panels and install four rigid 115 watt panels. With those and the lithium batteries and driving every few days we have never run out of power.

Overall we love the 24D, it is a well thought out coach!
Lou D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #36
Winnebago Master

With the stock TV, we had a difficult time hearing the TV with the A/C running - even when the TV was at 100% volume. The Q50R has more powerful speakers, and can hear it over the A/C (even when on high).

Still thinking about getting a soundbar - with the 4K video, would be nice to have surround sound - but other than sticking it in the overcab, haven't figured out a good place for a subwoofer...
Old 09-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
We quickly discovered the stock 32" TV can't be heard while the A/C is running
I can see the ducted air conditioning vents and I would have thought that ducted AC would be quiet. Is it really that noisy?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Quite, I ending up buying a cheap 50 dollar sound bar and mounting it under the TV. I see the 2021s have a TV with a built in sound bar that I'm going to look into next trip to Forest City. Hope it's a smart TV.

Winnebago Dan 20 J
Old 09-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #39
Winnebago Master

We have a 2021 24D - the sound bar appears to be an upgrade option from Winnebago that wasn't included for our View.

Upgrading to the Q50R addressed multiple issues:

> Better stereo speakers - that can be heard over the A/C
> Smart TV apps - so we can stream without having to use a smartphone or tablet
> Improved picture - the stock TV picture quality wasn't very good

We've watched programs streamed in 4K video on the new TV - and they look fantastic.

If we upgrade the sound, it will be to add surround sound, probably with rear speakers. The JBL 5.1 Bar or 9.1 Bar could be great solutions, with the wireless rechargeable rear speakers - but those soundbars come with a subwoofer - and I don't see any place for that in our 24D. Another option would be to use the Q50R's surround feature with a pair of WiFi-connected rear speakers.

But for now, the Q50R's sound seems fine - especially due to the loud air conditioner...
Old 09-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #40
2021 View 24D

I received my 2021 View 24D on 1 Sep, am quite pleased and hope to post my many thoughts soon. I did install the Samsung 32Q50 using LouD’s well appreciated posting. Was hoping this model would go on sale at Best Buy for Labor Day, but no such luck. I do have 60 days to price match so will keep my fingers crossed. Lou’s approach is solid, though my measurements were slightly different. Rotating the very heavy (heavier than TV!) mounting bracket left my unit centered, and I raised the mount 1-1/2”. Also used smaller 3/4” spacers and thus M4-40 screws. This put the Samsung more flush with the adjacent cabinetry, and a lot less protruding than delivered TV. My stock TV would only open 45 degrees before being obstructed by the left cabinet. The new mounting will open a full 90 degrees if that Left cabinet is first opened, since the TV upper edge jusT passes under the opened cabinet cover. I viewed this installation (about 1/2 day for me) as ‘for now’, as I had extensively researched a motorized drop down approach. I’ll still consider doing so, but haven’t found quite the needed geometry yet. In any case, I’ll be adding a tilt arm in the future to help with viewing from the bedroom. I did buy an open box ‘Bose TV Soundbar’ (that’s the model) and will mount under the cabinet, behind the paper towel recess but in front of the blinds and 110v outlet. The sound quality for classical, including significant base, is phenomenal for this soundbars size.
fsantore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade