Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 08:53 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

RADIO

17V with the entertainment radio/DVD/stereo etc. under the sink. Just quit one day and will not fire up again. Check the fuse but found it OK Any suggestions as to what I should do? throw it out ?
sunvale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprochnow View Post
Just because a few of us are reporting water leaks, doesn't necessarily mean this is a widespread problem.

If many owners were seeing leaks - the forums would have many more comments about that - and the Winnebago dealers would be working on the plumbing on a lot of RVs.

While Winnebago may have made a better choice on the fittings they are using, since we aren't seeing a lot of View/Navion complaints - I'm assuming we just had bad luck in having a loose fitting at the factory.

Hopefully this week's service will fix the problem for us... And at least so far, Winnebago and the dealers involved have been very supportive...
I'm not so sure on the limited number of problems, and I sure do hope its very limited for both owners and Winnebago. For the View/Navion, there aren't many forums I'm aware of and I would have to say this forum is not very active overall in my opinion. I was hesitant to post this information as it seems so negative. But based on how time consuming the propper repair was, and it can ruin many trips if you end up having a larger leaks. My biggest issue with this is the wrong products being used which will leak eventually. I want to reiterate this is not bashing Winnebago as other manufacturers have their own issues. This is to inform owners and don't let the manufacturer slide on this even if you are out of warranty. This is improper installation and should be covered by the manufacturer regardless. If not enough info is sent to Winnebago, they may continue with this method.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:33 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

In reading all these posts about almost new rigs leaking, I remember other posts about the value of purchasing a slightly used rig that had all the factory defects resolved. I just didn't realize the extent of the problems behind the admonition.
I can hardly imagine the frustration of paying top dollar, to have a brand new trouble free product, and find instead that you are the manufacturer's quality control department!
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:05 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Goodrides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyturn View Post
I had 5 leaks so far, not one. Everyone was where the reinforced hose connected to PEX. All other PEX to PEX connections have not leaked yet. If you can change to Sharkbite that is the best solution. If that is not possible, then hose clamps have worked for me so far.

Not relevant to this thread, but you should replace the factory tires as soon as possible. Mine came with Goodride tires. They are made in China and many refer to them as China bombs. When a tire blew it took out the bottom of my wheel well, part of the underlayment material, and bent and broke floor support joists. Google and read other peoples posts.

~~~~~~~~~~
Not only are they Goodrides, but manufactured in April of 2018 Goodrides :(

I do intend to replace them, but hoping I can get through one season on the Goodrides first. What do you think? I will stay on top of tire pressures daily.
johneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:03 AM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Ours never worked since buying it used. It turned on but no sound. Took it to two different repair guys. Finally had to just get a brand new one, same brand. The audio repair guy said it was the only one that would fit.
AZ Okies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:44 AM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunvale1 View Post
17V with the entertainment radio/DVD/stereo etc. under the sink. Just quit one day and will not fire up again. Check the fuse but found it OK Any suggestions as to what I should do? throw it out ?
Ours never worked since buying it used. It turned on but no sound. Took it to two different repair guys. Finally had to just get a brand new one, same brand. The audio repair guy said it was the only one that would fit.
AZ Okies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

I’d take a trip to Forest City and let the Winnebago techs fix everything. They’re really great. Don’t mess with a dealer.
BigWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:50 PM   #48
Winnie-Wise

With boats it is always foolish to buy a new one unless you are willing to wait a year to get all the problems resolved. Clearly it is the same with motorhomes, though more difficult to resolve with no access provided by the manufacturers.

The used market dried up with the American coronavirus pandemic and so we bought a new Navion. I am fixing problems with the solar panel installation that was poorly done and the WineGard antenna installation and the battery wiring that was also done incorrectly.

I am very glad that as soon as I got back with the RV on our drive from the dealer to our house that I made an appointment with the local RV service person who was booked out for two months. I was able to drop off the Navion today with my list of fixes for him to do on it.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:52 AM   #49
Winnebago Master

The latest leak was a line running underneath the shower - they replaced the fitting - and we've been dry after running extended tests with the water pump on.

A good test to determine if your View/Navion has this issue is to keep the water pump on overnight and then check underneath to see if any water is dripping out.

After what was a few minute fix on Tuesday, I stayed at the RV dealer overnight and we verified everything was dry after the water pump was on overnight (keeping the lines pressurized).
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:18 AM   #50
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
I'm not so sure on the limited number of problems, and I sure do hope its very limited for both owners and Winnebago. For the View/Navion, there aren't many forums I'm aware of and I would have to say this forum is not very active overall in my opinion. I was hesitant to post this information as it seems so negative. But based on how time consuming the propper repair was, and it can ruin many trips if you end up having a larger leaks. My biggest issue with this is the wrong products being used which will leak eventually. I want to reiterate this is not bashing Winnebago as other manufacturers have their own issues. This is to inform owners and don't let the manufacturer slide on this even if you are out of warranty. This is improper installation and should be covered by the manufacturer regardless. If not enough info is sent to Winnebago, they may continue with this method.
Totally agree with you, We have the Vita and on our forums (FB) Many are experiencing exactly what you have. No excuse for using improper hardware. Just as there are codes for building and electrical, using the correct hardware for the correct fittings is a must. Water leaks are the death of the basic structure of these motorhomes and some can be very slow and un noticed which by the time they are discovered can do major damage. Just like a home that gets water intrusion. Reporting to Winnebago is not always done, because the repair centers are so slow and backed up so the problem can be hidden before it is usually recognized by the manufacturor. We all should report whether we do the repairs or otherwise. I am thankful on the Vita/Porto site that several have reported the issue, and I discovered my Vita has the same poor worksmanship. Have a great day.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:00 PM   #51
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
The latest leak was a line running underneath the shower - they replaced the fitting - and we've been dry after running extended tests with the water pump on.

A good test to determine if your View/Navion has this issue is to keep the water pump on overnight and then check underneath to see if any water is dripping out.

After what was a few minute fix on Tuesday, I stayed at the RV dealer overnight and we verified everything was dry after the water pump was on overnight (keeping the lines pressurized).
I don't recall what floor plan you have, but on the 24D, the two under the bathroom sink have the same fittings, and under the closet floor there is a T on the hot water pipe that is the other end of the hot water for the bathroom sink with the same problem. Not sure if they got behind the shower valve fittings for yours either. That one will leak into your coach.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #52
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
Totally agree with you, We have the Vita and on our forums (FB) Many are experiencing exactly what you have. No excuse for using improper hardware. Just as there are codes for building and electrical, using the correct hardware for the correct fittings is a must. Water leaks are the death of the basic structure of these motorhomes and some can be very slow and un noticed which by the time they are discovered can do major damage. Just like a home that gets water intrusion. Reporting to Winnebago is not always done, because the repair centers are so slow and backed up so the problem can be hidden before it is usually recognized by the manufacturor. We all should report whether we do the repairs or otherwise. I am thankful on the Vita/Porto site that several have reported the issue, and I discovered my Vita has the same poor worksmanship. Have a great day.
Thanks for the info. This hopefully helps other owners to get their repairs done correctly and also have the manufacturer take care of the costs. Seems it includes some models/makes of 2019, 2020, and 2021. Hard to believe that much time passed by with the same problems. I discovered mine literally a few days before my 1 year warranty was up.

And for anyone that has had good experience with warranty repair, that is great news.

Good warranty experience is good until it isn't. Then it can be a nightmare. 1 year goes by very fast. I was reminded last week by Winnebago that my warranty was going to expire in 3 days and I better hurry and get everything fixed. (This was when I reported the water leak problem). That was right after the dealer had it for 8 weeks already. As long as I made an appointment within those 3 days they would still "honor" my warranty. What an insult.

I still hope Winnebago monitors these forums. I know other manufacturers monitor some forums. I know everyone would rather hear just the good news but the manufacturers need to be held accountable.

On a plus side, I think Winnebago did a good job on the design, and incorporating new products and features.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:22 PM   #53
Winnebago Master

24D - so far they've only worked on the fittings around the water compartment and shower.

Will keep a lookout for leaking from the hot water heater.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:50 AM   #54
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
24D - so far they've only worked on the fittings around the water compartment and shower.

Will keep a lookout for leaking from the hot water heater.
I didn't have any issues with the water heater. Those connections are correct. The hot and cold under under bathroom sink was a problem as well as the hot water line under the bathroom closet floor. It is connected to a T fitting under the closet floor and feeds the hot water line of the bathroom sink. That one is out of site so if it leaks, you will not know. Under the bathroom sink should be an easy one.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:28 AM   #55
Winnebago Owner

If you turn your water pump, you should not have a cycle for an hour or longer . The pump holds pressure. If it cycles frequently look for leaks.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:39 PM   #56
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crah View Post
I would think even if you are out of warranty, Winnebago would take care of this as the install is not made for that application. Seems it goes back to at least 2019 models of certain coaches. Unfortunately water leaks that trickle slowly are hard to identify the source or even know it is happening. Many of these leaks will just go down into the subfloor and find the path of least resistance. Anyone with this white hose and a pex fitting/clamp combo should really inspect for leaks of any type. Hate to see rotted out floors when it can be avoided.
I see these same fittings, so far under my bath sink with the white hose. Is it correct to replace these pet clamps with standard hose clamps with the screw to fix this problem?
misteracng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:57 PM   #57
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteracng View Post
I see these same fittings, so far under my bath sink with the white hose. Is it correct to replace these pet clamps with standard hose clamps with the screw to fix this problem?
My fittings under the bath sink was 1/2 inch pex to female compression fitting. With the white hose, you should actually use a 1/2 inch hose barb fitting to female compression. They have at home depot. And then use a standard screw type hose clamp. The other end of the hot water for your bath sink sits under thr removable floor in the outside storage/under closet. It connects to a T.

I discovered 2 types of white hose though. Both white hoses said 1/2 inch but one type was much bigger than 1/2 inch compared to the other. You can tell it is much larger as it will just slip over the entire pex fitting without touching. If you have the larger diameter hose, I have no solution besides replacing it completely.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #58
Winnebago Master

Agree with Coffie Drink, when we had our latest, very slow leak, when we left the water pump on for an extended period, we would periodically hear it run briefly to repressurize the lines after water had dripped.

So even for leaks you can't see, if the water pump is on and no water is running - if the pump runs at all, that means there's a leak (even small) somewhere...

Though for our 24D, most of the fittings are around the water compartment and leaks will cause water to drop underneath the coach.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #59
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Agree with Coffie Drink, when we had our latest, very slow leak, when we left the water pump on for an extended period, we would periodically hear it run briefly to repressurize the lines after water had dripped.

So even for leaks you can't see, if the water pump is on and no water is running - if the pump runs at all, that means there's a leak (even small) somewhere...

Though for our 24D, most of the fittings are around the water compartment and leaks will cause water to drop underneath the coach.
I agree. I'd like to add that since I've replaced every fitting, my pump will not make a single sound even over night. I've had where I would shut off the pump and go back out the next day to turn on the pump and it still will not cycle. For right now, everything is holding well. For people that stay on full hookups all the time, this can be a problem if they are not aware of this problem.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:12 PM   #60
Winnebago Master

That's true - the water pump isn't (shouldn't be) used when connected to city water, so unless you can see water leaking underneath or inside the coach, you won't know there's a leak.

Plus, when connected to city water in "NORMAL", the city water is connected directly to the inside water lines - and if there's too much pressure (missing or bad pressure regulator), that can cause the fittings to fail, which is why we replaced our pressure regulator after the first water leaks occurred.

Tags
leak, leaks, plumbing, view