Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

2020 View Entry Door shock

Anyone change out their entry door shock yet? I'm surprised that the door flings open if you don't hold it the entire time opening. I can see the mounts on top of the door breaking in the future. The 2020 models have a new European door and the shock is different than a typical door shock. The shock is made by Vapsint in Italy and Google searches are not giving much info. Seems I need a stronger shock that hold the door back a little more in the opening mode.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Even before the maiden voyage, had to have the dealer replace the shock under warranty. The shock doesn't inspire confidence.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Our 2020 View, just this weekend had the gas shock mount break the plastic right at the mounting location at the top of the door. I will need to add this to my list for service at the Winnebago factory in November. I am hopeful that they can also fix the gaps at the bottom of the door at the same time. I received a notification of the gap issue, last month, which stated that they did not have a "fix" as of yet.

My original request for service was that the shower walls (all 3) are not secured except for the perimeter, and they "oil can" (move at least 1-2 inches when pressed). The screws securing the shower controller are coming loose and the screw caps at the shower controller are falling off. My dealer was going to add screws in the field of the walls and that took 6 months to get plastic caps for the screws. I called Winnebago and confirmed that this was not a proper fix for the issue and put a stop to the work.
braeges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by braeges View Post
Our 2020 View, just this weekend had the gas shock mount break the plastic right at the mounting location at the top of the door. I will need to add this to my list for service at the Winnebago factory in November. I am hopeful that they can also fix the gaps at the bottom of the door at the same time. I received a notification of the gap issue, last month, which stated that they did not have a "fix" as of yet.

My original request for service was that the shower walls (all 3) are not secured except for the perimeter, and they "oil can" (move at least 1-2 inches when pressed). The screws securing the shower controller are coming loose and the screw caps at the shower controller are falling off. My dealer was going to add screws in the field of the walls and that took 6 months to get plastic caps for the screws. I called Winnebago and confirmed that this was not a proper fix for the issue and put a stop to the work.

We are about to return home from our maiden voyage in a new 2021 View 24D. I'm putting together a list of issues I need to take to the dealer such as the door gap and gas shock. After reading your post I checked my shower it is installed the same way, not attached at all except for the perimeter. Have you been told by winnebago that is a mistake? It doesn't seem like a problem so far but I'd like to get it taken care of if it is faulty installation.
banjobiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

There is a recall on the 2020 and at least early production 2021 View/Navion coach door struts.

We've already had the recall done - moving the door strut attachment to a different, and theoretically stronger attachment point.

This does not appear to replace the piston on the strut - only relocate the strut attachment point.

We also have gaps at the top and bottom corners of the door closest to our 21VD's galley (away from the hinge). I was able to minimize the gaps by adjusting the u bolts where the door latches when closed. That was pretty easy to do, requiring only a small wrench.

There are still some small gaps in the corners. It looks like there may still be some room for adjustments - but it looks like that may require loosening some screws to shift the assembly holding the u bolts. It looks like the door is pretty close to sealing all of the way around - just need to close it a little bit tighter...
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

That new side entry door is a disaster. And Winnebago really touted it as a great new feature. Ours rattles loose to the point that we bungee cord it to the grab handle to ensure that it doesn’t fly open while traveling. And the stock shock is a joke, we are waiting for the replacement. Honestly, that door may never be right.
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

It has helped to move the u-bolts as far as possible, which gets the door to more securely close - though still not quite far enough to prevent small gaps at the top and bottom of the door on the side by the galley.

Our door can be noisy while driving - which appears to be the plastic storage areas on the bottom portion inside the door.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door