Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2020 View 24D roof leak

Have chronic roof leak that drips over inside left corner of coach door. Had it addressed at two dealers including Lichtsinn.

Has anyone else had this problem or similar one where leak is evident over coach door.

Very aggravating that dealers say it’s corrected and then not.

Also my awning has mysteriously pitched toward front of MH where one is nearly hitting head. What the heck is that!!!!

Thanks for any comments. I live in Florida and factory is not “too” close to me.
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbettyl View Post
Have chronic roof leak that drips over inside left corner of coach door. Had it addressed at two dealers including Lichtsinn.

Has anyone else had this problem or similar one where leak is evident over coach door.

Very aggravating that dealers say it’s corrected and then not.

Also my awning has mysteriously pitched toward front of MH where one is nearly hitting head. What the heck is that!!!!

Thanks for any comments. I live in Florida and factory is not “too” close to me.

I have not had a leak but can think of only 3 things that the leak can be coming from. 1. The roof cap has a seam near there, but easily visible to check the sealant. 2. The awning is installed by bolting it down into the roof. There are numerous bolts/mounting points you can see at the roof. Check the sealant condition. This could be a source of the leak. 3. The wire loom for the awning go through the roof at the very front of the awning. Check for sealant condition. Obviously the dealer has done this but didn't fix the leak.

You can pull the plastic trim from the inside where the high and low roof meet and can have a better view of what's going on with the roof area above the door. There should be signs of water stain and will narrow down the leak point. Unfortunately, unless you have the desire to do all that work, you will likely have to send it to a dealer.

The awning "pitch" can be adjusted. There is a bolt you have to loosen at the arms. I used the instructions from carefree website as the manual didn't have that info. Hopefully the over pitch of the awning is not from the roof bolts not being secure.
crah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Not there but I have a leak that when the front is tilted down hill (storage) it fills the four cup holders the below the HVAC controls. Its leaking out of the sun glass holder in the center ceiling console. Only does when titled down hill. For now she is parked facing uphill until I get time to dig in and hopefully find the issue. Oh its a 2021 24V. If I find damage in the ceiling then I'll send it in to the dealer. If its a simple fix I'll do my own repairs.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your good suggestions. Had a lot of assistance from knowledgeable neighbor here at CG and who is 25 years younger than I . He was upon roof and caulk sealing suspicious areas. Still had leak off of AC condensation and that would find a path under awning frame to an opening . Ended up running strip of eternabond length of awning overlapping frame and roof. SO FAR SO GOOD! YEA!

P.s. Two dealers did such a crappy job of so called repair

Would
Old 09-17-2021, 08:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

The tilt of the awning should be easily corrected. Instructions should be in the awning guide (Freedom Freestyle) that came with your View.

On page 5 of our guide, there are instructions for adjusting the pitch. You'll need a ladder and a 4mm allen wrench. It will also be helpful if you have a second person who can hold the awning while it is being adjusted.

Ours was tilted and a few minutes of adjustment got it level.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for info. Biggest concern was leak issue that I hope is corrected.

Tags
leak, roof, view