Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-10-2022, 09:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2020 Navion Cable TV Questions?

2020 Navion:

1. Purchased last May "Used". Unable to get a TV Cable signal to either TV. Changed external cable to no avail. Used ohmmeter to confirm external cables are good. Used ohmmeter to confirm no connectivity from external cable to TVs. Antenna switch "OFF".

Appears to be more than one "connection" between the cable connector in the aft electrical service compartment and the TV itself including the External Antenna/Cable switch in the main TV compartment. Interesting the External Antenna/Cable switch has three (3) co-ax wires connected. No idea where these three (co-ax) wires go. Does anyone out there have a wiring diagram for the TV Cable System??

2. Another thread recently mentioned the fact the plastic latches for the main TV frequently fail, but that thread did not reveal the replacement part numbers. Anyone have the part numbers/source for these as used on the 2020 Navion??

Appreciate any comments/suggestions/ thoughts from the forum.
cthiggy
cthiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This will get you a general layout of things. But you will have to match which drawing fits for your specific RV and what options you have.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000177027.pdf

We are not able to go to the parts to find where things are located without knowing which 2020 navion you have. There are three models for that year, all of them list as 24 foot.

Link to parts catalog:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	navion.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	184385  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Sorry bout that. the vehicle is a 2020 Navion 24V
Old 10-10-2022, 01:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Common thing around here! No big thing!

With the info we can get a bit closer on a fewpoints. One is that there is something of a "code" using tape on the coax and that can help you sort which cable should go to what points! You will still haveto sortwhich drawing will fit your RV and options as those can be different on each RV, depending on the dealer, just like in new cars.
But as an example, look at how this drawing has the ID code" for the tape?
Click these snips to get a better view!

Name:	coax code.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	184386

So if you pull the faceplate off the box where the small switch for anntenna/cable is found, you might expect to find a coax with blue from the antenna, one with red from the cable connection in back and green should then be the outgoing signal after the switch. That gives a chance to get the right cable to test for continuity with some idea of WHICH coax?

But then when we get to the TV, there appears to be two options, one without much extra and one with soundbar and blue ray player? I spot no other splitters/connections on the drawing, so little help on the cable coax in the rear.
Each show a splitter on the left side as facing the TV. Looks like the TV may swing out for access?

I got to these drawings on an interactive setup here:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
With some practice it is a great item to turn the RV over to look at things without crawling under it!
Part numbers are on list on right of interactive drawing! Find a part on list, click and it turns yellow on the drawing OR find it on drawing and click to bring it up on list!

One item I spot but can't find on the drawing is this cable repeater? when highlighted on the list,it should flash yellow on the drawing but I don't see it, justa point to keep in mind. Do you have that option and did I just miss seeing it?

Name:	repeat.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	184389

If you have a big folder of info, there may be something like a page or two listing all the options on your specific RV---if somebody didn't get too rushed and throw it out!! You don't have to look for things they did not order!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	coax.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	184387   Click image for larger version

Name:	coax1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	184388  

Old 10-10-2022, 02:07 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

A common mistake is that people forget to go into the setup menu on the TV and switch from antenna (or HDMI) to cable. I've done it.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones2003 View Post
A common mistake is that people forget to go into the setup menu on the TV and switch from antenna (or HDMI) to cable. I've done it.
Definite good thought here as we can get too involved in thinking about the cable connections and forget the TV "mind" has to be changed as well!!
Old 10-10-2022, 06:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The identical plastic latches for the TV can be ordered from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
eyecando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

2020 Navion Cable TV Question(s)

Richard, Bones, Eyecando,

Many thanks for the prompt replies. Most helpful and mucho appreciated.

cthiggy
Old 10-11-2022, 11:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthiggy View Post
2020 Navion:

Used ohmmeter to confirm no connectivity from external cable to TVs. Antenna switch "OFF".
This is normal. For whatever reason the ohm meter will not show continuity thru the antenna booster switch in any position. I thought my switch was bad and I replaced it to no avail, still no continuity. What finally turned out to be my problem was nothing to do with my rig at all, it was the two parks I had tried to get cable TV at making me think the problem was with my setup. It wasn't. I finally was able to get cable TV at a 3rd park. A good way to check is hook it up to cable at your home, when I did that everything worked fine (We have the old Direct TV so I had to include one of the decoder boxes but it still worked and proved that my wiring was OK)