Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: 2020/2021 View/Navion Water Leak Poll
Yes - we had a water leak, and it has been fixed 2 16.67%
Yes - we have a water leak, and it has not yet been fixed 4 33.33%
No - we haven't yet had any water leaks 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

2020/2021 View/Navion

Some 2020/2021 View/Navion owners have had water leaks (including us).

Based on the repair work done, it appears at least some of the RVs may have had fittings that are usually not recommended for the type of water lines being used.

Even if you don't see water leaking from underneath the coach, or inside of the cabin, you may still have a leak if you periodically hear the water pump run briefly - when all of the faucets are turned off.

To help us determine if this is a general problem, if you own a 2020/2021 View or Navion, please respond to this poll.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:27 AM   #2

I would like to elaborate on the specific water leaks that I believe this poll is about. Winnebago has been connecting 1/2" I.D. reinforced vinyl hose to 1/2" PEX fittings and using a PEX stepless ear crimp clamp to secure the hose to the fitting. The hose is not compatible with the PEX fitting and clamp. The hose fits loosely on the fitting and, even with the clamp, can be turned on the fitting. These connections have a tendency to leak.

These substandard plumbing connections are not limited to View and Navion. They have been reported in Winnie Travel Trailers, Vita, Porto and Sunstar models. There are probably many more models that have this issue.
BadMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMed View Post
I would like to elaborate on the specific water leaks that I believe this poll is about. Winnebago has been connecting 1/2" I.D. reinforced vinyl hose to 1/2" PEX fittings and using a PEX stepless ear crimp clamp to secure the hose to the fitting. The hose is not compatible with the PEX fitting and clamp. The hose fits loosely on the fitting and, even with the clamp, can be turned on the fitting. These connections have a tendency to leak.

These substandard plumbing connections are not limited to View and Navion. They have been reported in Winnie Travel Trailers, Vita, Porto and Sunstar models. There are probably many more models that have this issue.
I believe it probably is all newer Winnebago lines. including the Intent since I just pointed out this problem on this issue of a photograph I saw on the Intents line.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #4

I looked at Winnebago's online Parts catalog for every 2020 model and I can confirm that all 2020 Winnebago models have at least one vinyl hose to PEX fitting connection. One is too many. Winnebago needs to step up and do a recall to remedy this substandard plumbing issue.
BadMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We haven't experienced this problem on our 2020 Navion 24D but will keep a look out. Thanks for posting!!!
VascodaGama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by VascodaGama View Post
We haven't experienced this problem on our 2020 Navion 24D but will keep a look out. Thanks for posting!!!
If it were me I would at the very least look and see if those type connections were done on any rubber reinforced hoses. This would give you a heads up on where potential leaks will appear.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
If it were me I would at the very least look and see if those type connections were done on any rubber reinforced hoses. This would give you a heads up on where potential leaks will appear.
I agree, we have plans to take our RIG in for some warranty work, I will mention it to them for sure. THANK YOU!
VascodaGama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view