Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

2019 Sprinter/MBUX Map Updates

In a separate post, I've described our inability to get Mercedes Pro Connect working - after almost 3 months (so far, Mercedes doesn't know how to fix it).

One of my concerns was that the inability to activate Pro Connect was preventing software and map updates - the navigation software was using old maps from 2019 (version 260).

In researching the Pro Connect problem, I discovered you can view the current map database status on the Mercedes Pro Connect website (mpp.mbvans.com). Under the "optimized assistance" product, there is an entry for "online map update", and clicking the "settings" link, takes you to a Mercedes Me page showing the current and available map versions.

What is interesting is that even if the automatic map updates are working, it appears that it only updates a single region. For us - it would be Texas. The automatic updates would work for Texas - and the rest of the North America would be stuck on the maps originally installed in the Sprinter.

It appears the only way to update all of North Amercia is by doing a MANUAL UPDATE - downloading the updated maps to a USB drive, and when the USB drive is connected to an MBUX USB port, the MBUX system will then update the maps.

The manual map update required downloading 19GB of data and putting it on a USB drive. Loading the update USB map updates into MBUX took a long time (an hour?).

And now the Mercedes Me map page is showing we are up-to-date.

Our original maps were version 260 (from 2019).

Now that maps are version 304.

You can verify the map versions from the MBUX console by selected the "Advanced" settings in the Navigation app, and then selecting the map database option.

Even if you are getting automatic updates, it's likely your local region (a large state or combination of smaller states) is up to date and the rest of the regions are older.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
2021 View 24D

I suspect your detailed explanation is going to be very appreciated once my 24D arrives. They say it’s ‘on the road’. I’ll try and post my luck with your procedure. Thanks for taking the time to post.
fsantore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Where is the like to get the map updates from my PC?
Winnebago Dan 20J
DKDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

When logged into your Mercedes Me account in your browser, click on "My Mercedes me Account" and select Vehicles.

Select your Sprinter chassis.

Click on "online map updates".

If the summary page shows any regions that are out-of-date, then click on the instructions link for details on how to download the maps and load them into MBUX.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 04:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Great information, many thanks for your help.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote