Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2018, 09:37 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

It seems there was a post here some time ago where someone did indeed find a driveline imbalance was causing a significant vibration. Another mentioned freeplay in the steering gear that once fix or replaced help eliminate steering and vibration issues. Keep up your insistence that those issues be addressed.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #22
HFA
Winnebago Camper

We are back from our 5,600 mile trip around the southwest. The alignment was a real pain as I had to steer left to drive straight most of the time. The vibration was not an issue at interstate highway speeds, but was still noticeable at lower speeds. I made a follow-up appointment to address the issues.

I just got my Navion back from the Mercedes dealer. They re-aligned the front end so that it now goes where you point it. It drives nice, again. The vibration that I have been trying to find has diminished to the point where you don't notice it unless you are looking for it. While the ride on this unit is not quite as smooth as it was on my previous one, I can now live with it. I'll put more miles on it, then get the tires rotated and re-balanced and we'll see how that goes. I am happy to report that my Mercedes dealer has been very cooperative and worked with me to resolve the issues. At this point, I consider them resolved.

We really like the 24D and find it to be very livable. The abundant counter space is great. We have not had any issues with the refrigerator though we are almost always hooked up to shore power. We like the bed and overall are very happy with our Navion. We are looking forward to our next trip, which will probably not happen until Spring.

Tags
tires