Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
HFA
Winnebago Camper

2019 Navion 24D Slide-out Pulled Wires From Conduit

The wiring that is under the slide-out, where it comes from the bathroom into the slide-out area, got snagged by an edge on the bottom of the slide-out. Apparently that conduit was not secured closely enough to the floor and allowed the edge on the slide to pull open the conduit, catch a wire, open the conduit and allow the wires to come out. I had noticed a wire peeking out from that area occasionally but I would just tuck it back under the slide-out. Recently, as I was bringing the slide back in, I heard an unusual sound and looked down into that space to see that a wire was snagged on the bottom of the slide-out and was being pulled from the conduit. I stopped the slide, freed the wire, manually pushed the wires out of the way and continued bringing in the slide. To minimize the risk for the rest of the trip, I was able to put some tape over that edge to prevent the wires from getting snagged, but there is something of a wiring mess in there.

I have an appointment with the dealer to get it fixed. I hope it can be repaired without removing the slide-out, but I can't find any access that would permit that. I am really nervous about having the slide-out removed and replaced. I fear damaged molding, misalignment, or leaks, none of which are present now. The slide works great.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yikes. Would love to know more about the cause, and the mechanics of the repairs.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

This is not good news because I too have had to tuck that wire back under a few times....

Look forward to hearing about the solution.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
HFA
Winnebago Camper

Repair Completed

I took my Navion back to the dealer to get those wires rebundled and tucked out of the way of the slide-out. Here are the results.

I wasn't able to watch how he did it, but he said he had to take apart the sofa. He did good job as there is no visible evidence that the sofa has been touched. I ran the slide out and back in and all looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190518_092831.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	171594  

Tags
led, slide