Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2019, 12:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2018 26A Minni Dinette

Has anyone figured out what to do about that horrible U Shape Dinette arrangement in the 26A Minnie? I've removed those silly leg rest and replaced them with access doors, and added a door to the outside to easily access the storage under the center section, but I just can't figure out how to attack the area to make it more comfortable to sit and watch TV or just relax. I'm pretty sure that part of the fix will be to remove that rounded area.

Also... after all this time, I just found out that the DVD player does NOT work on 12 VDC... the TV does, but not the DVD. I may see if I can add it to the inverter that is attached to the TV.

I need to figure out how to get to the top/front of the fiberglass nose. It is starting to need some cleaner and wax, but I can't figure out how to reach it. A ladder won't get in there, and I'm afraid to stand on the hood.

Over all, I'm still happy with this MH. 30K mi now. Handles great, lots of power. 9 mpg average, and the original tires are looking great.
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
DAB
Winnebago Camper

26A Dinette

I ripped out the entire dinette on my 26A and replaced it with 2 recliners I got from Recpro. Big improvement. Got a couple of folding tables from Walmart to replace the lost table. Both my TV and the DVD are plugged into 120V. I bought an inexpensive 300W inverter and usually run both the TV and my Wally Dish receiver off that since they only draw about 100W. Works great and I don't have to run the gen to watch TV.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

I'm sure that your "U" shaped dining area is A LOT more comfortable than the parallel bench set up that we have in the 27qp. You either watch TV with your head turned 90 degrees (for the 1.5 hour movie) or try to lean back against the window valences using several pillows. My best solution so far, and it's not that great, was to install a swing arm TV mount and use the cab seats turned around (without those silly booster cushions) and reclined as best we can.

The ONE thing that I complain about the most, concerning comfort, is the lack of a nice comfortable seat to recline in after a hard day of RVing. :-)
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:35 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Check out Flexsteel RV furniture. Not cheap but good quality
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:32 AM   #5
2018 22M

How to deal with what’s inside seat?

I have a 2017 26a. Love it. I took the cushions off to store some stuff on the left side & there’s a wood box covering something. I was interested in changing my dinette into a reclining loveseat or sofa but how do you work around something like that? I haven’t looked at the other side. I’m not handy so would have to get the work done-if there’s a possible workaround. Thx.
dnta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnta View Post
I have a 2017 26a. Love it. I took the cushions off to store some stuff on the left side & there’s a wood box covering something. I was interested in changing my dinette into a reclining loveseat or sofa but how do you work around something like that? I haven’t looked at the other side. I’m not handy so would have to get the work done-if there’s a possible workaround. Thx.
I would call Winn and they will surely tell you what is in the mystery wooden box. Could very easily be something you could either reroute or alter.
Where there is a will...........there's a way
Old 03-22-2021, 08:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have a Minnie Winnie 22R with the horseshoe dinette which is really nice but not to relax on. We have the Corner bed and no sofa and the front seats do not swing around.
I know there's the water heater under the dinette and some electrical. Has anyone tried to remove the dinette and put in recliners? I've searched this site and watched YouTube videos but haven't seen any like ours that have been replaced. If you've done it, I'd love to see pics and know the details.
ClaudiaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I'm afraid the water heater might be a issue to where the electrical probably wouldn't be too bad. If you can figure it how to do it RecPro is a good place for decent furniture, if budget isn't a concern there's always Flexsteel etc.
If you can't work around the hot water heater I would suggest taking your cushions to a professional upholster and have them install heavy duty seat cushion or possibly even spring supported cushions? Good chance to pick out the exact covering you would like.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

That wood box should be nothing more than the electrical connection for the overhead light
Old 03-28-2021, 07:34 PM   #10
26A
Winnebago Watcher

Smile

So, I bought a used Spirit 26A last year. I don't mind my horseshoe table. However, I had someone make a smaller round table top to replace the hard-to-get-around rectangular table that the RV came with. My big question... Does anyone want to sell their cushion covering from their old cushion set? I would be interested in some or all of the coverings. I have a dark brown stripe on mine, but if I get a whole set I wouldn't care what color they were.

Thanks!
26A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:06 PM   #11
Minnie Winnie 26A

Mystery boxes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnta View Post
Mystery wooden box... I also have a 26A and love it. 30K miles now.

That box can be taken out. It is what makes the foldup footrests work. I happen to be okay with the footrests, but I found out the boxes are oversized and I made them smaller.
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:08 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

How did you deal with the boxes under the left and right seats/
GoRVing_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:07 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I remove those stupid lift up foot rest. They are useless. I then simply put doors at the end of the benches for easy access. I added a bulkhead (partition) about half way back in each bench to keep things from drifting so far back that they were hard to reach. Lifting the seat would still provide access to the back area for storing things that were not use often. I also ordered a replacement compartment door. Then I cut out a matching access hole from the outside, directly at the back of the dinning area center seat. This provided a very large, outside access to the entire area under the center dinette seat. Looked like a factor job. Don't know why they didn't do it at the factory. Simple and very effective.
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote