Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Thanks for many replies!

Great suggestions. I will be taking delivery next week.

SNIP...

Anyone post the weathertech order # that fits well?

Thanks again. Look forward to sharing more pics once I get started.

Here is the Weathertech that fits our 2016 Navion. It isn't perfect, but acceptable. I think it will settle down to fit right when it warms up. You must bend the back of the center piece up until the hand brake engagement slot becomes correct.... took me awhile to figure that out.

The .jpg is terrible... the information should read:
Floorliner
#45249-1-2 (two pieces)
First Row and Center isle
Tan
Cargo Van Body Style

Scotty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weathertech for 2016 Navion.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	175882  
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:24 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Two other items.

The coach has been at MB for over a week with SRS message. Anyone have similar problem?

On test drive, the thin metal insert on the bottom of screen door chatters like crazy. Anyone have the fix?

Last one..on the dash...ac dials. The last one on the right doesn’t seem to have a purpose?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2020, 05:46 PM   #23
2015 Winnebago View 24V

Bottom of screen door: placed an adhesive felt pad on the outside of the metal to prevent rattle.
Right dial isn't one. It is a clip for notes. Push on top and insert ticket, notes, etc.
Sailorman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

My 2016 Navion (2015 chassis) was recalled for air bag replacement - have you checked the VIN to determine what recalls apply to this vehicle? Perhaps the SRS message has to do with the airbag recall but I don't know whether it applies to a 2017. NHTSA has a website where you can check by VIN for recalls - https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
jayelldouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:44 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Yes, that recall had been done. I was told today it was a faulty seatbelt.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

The seat belt issue is likely the wire in the seat base. A known issue. Mine was pinched/crushed when the seat was swiveled. The fix (done by the MB dealer) was to sheath and resplice the wire.
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Question

Why do some v have the rear hatch door and some don’t. Was it an option? The one we are picking up does not have one.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:59 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Most V models have the rear cargo door. Ours doesn't and when I asked Winnebago they said that the ones that don't are made for the optional bike rack to bolt on in that location. At first I was glad that the back of ours had one less heat loss~water intrusion point but it does make accessing the depths of "the lazarette" challenging.
Good on you for doing your research Corey.
Regards, Mike
Old 11-21-2020, 12:25 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Mike

Wish we had the hatch as well. Is there access from under the bed? Guess I will see on Wednesday when we pick it up!
Old 11-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

There's really no access to the laz. from inside as the tilting part of the bed doesn't raise enough. However, I did remove the ratcheting tilt brackets from the drivers side bed to make access to the water pump much easier... Wife's side and she never raised the bed anyway.
I agree on the Victron 712 meter and 2-6V battery upgrade. You really won't know how many amps you're using without a monitor and the golf cart batteries are an economical choice requiring no mods beyond a new battery cable (two counting the Victron install).
I have enjoyed geeking out on our amps in from the solar vs. amps out data... but that's just me.
Regards & safe travels, Mike
Old 11-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Yeah..I’m coming from my old Newmar with 800 ah of lithium and 1300 watts of solar..whole Victron system. It as flawless.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

In 16/17 vintage is there a roof penetration available for pitting antennas up?
Old 11-22-2020, 05:52 PM   #34
2015 Winnebago View 24V

Quote:
In 16/17 vintage is there a roof penetration available for pitting antennas up?
Mine is a 2015. Unlatch the tv above the sink and look at the left top corner. There should be a penetration for the radio antenna, gps cable etc.
Sailorman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Excellent. Thanks
Old 11-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

OK, now I have a question about the inverter and how much wattage the inverter will let pass through itself.

Our 2016 Navion has the standard 1000 watt Xantrex Inverter with the inside remote panel. It is the 1000 watt model, So I assume it can only provide handle a continuous 1000watts of 120V output when running from the battery bank. That makes sense; it's how inverters are typically rated.

But what puzzles me is that the manual says the inverter will also pass 120v shore power through itself if the inverter function is turned off - but there is no mention of the allowable wattage in the "pass through" mode.
What if the load is more than 1000 watts?....as it is when using some coffee pot brewing or an electric space heater? Those are more like 1500 watts. I cannot find anywhere in the Navion or Xantrex owners manual where it mentions anything about what the wattage limitation is with the inverter in "passthrough" mode. Since it doesn't say, the implication seems to be that Shore Power is still limited to 1000 Watts total.

Alternately, it could be that the the inverter only powers selected 120 volt outlets in the Coach? Is that true? Are there some 1000 watt outlets and some 1500 watt outlets inside the coach?

How do people run typical 1500 watts of AC power to the Coach? I guess it could be done by bypassing the inverter with yet another separate extension cord coming off the shore power outlet box and passing directly though a window or door. That would provide a a dedicated souce of power for running things like heaters and cookers inside the coach.... but it seems complex and unlikely.

the Navion Owners and Operators manual is no help, and neither is the Xantrex manual.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 11-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #37
Winnie-Wise

Wattage is limited by the individual circuits to receptacles in the RV which are going to be 15 amp or 15 x 120 volts = 1800 Watts without tripping a breaker. The outlets are feed by AC current from shore or line power or through the inverter when their is no shore power available.

The inverter is limited as to how much current it can convert from DC (from the battery bank) to AC and there is also a limit as to how much current the battery bank can provide per unit of time without damaging the batteries. Deep cycle batteries by their design are meant for applications where there is a small but continuous load placed on them as compared to a crank battery that has high current demand but for only a short period of time to start the engine.

Shore power connection provides 30 amp service so there is enough to start and run the air conditioning unit. How the current is divided within the RV is going to depend on the make and model and model year (Navion changed in 2019 and again in 2020 and again for 2021 models).

There have been some excellent websites providing detailed information on 12 volt systems and solar and generators and much of it applies to RVs.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Michael, that's the way I would expect the inverter to operate, and would imply that there is some sort of automatic transfer switch within the Xantrex 1000 inverter. But the Xantrex Operator's manual makes no mention of this, and they don't specify any greater wattage when using the shorepower "passthrough" function..... whatever that is. As a result, the coach AC system seems to be limited by the inverter passthrough to 1000 watts even when using shorepower.

But that seems to be a silly way to design things. I wonder if people just ignore that and go ahead and use the inside AC sockets just like they would use standard 15 amp service at home when they are connected to the 30 amp shorepower....or if they run a separate extension cord through a window or something to power heaters and coffee makers.

Hey, are you still doing any wildlife artwork?
Scotty
Old 11-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #39
Winnebago Owner

I don’t think that could be. This is from feature sheet

Built-in 30A AC Transfer Relay: Senses when outside AC Power is present and transfers the load from the inverter to the source of incoming power (shore or generator). The unit also automatically switches from invert mode to charge mode

Picking ours up tomorrow!
Old 11-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I don’t think that could be. This is from feature sheet

Built-in 30A AC Transfer Relay: Senses when outside AC Power is present and transfers the load from the inverter to the source of incoming power (shore or generator). The unit also automatically switches from invert mode to charge mode

Picking ours up tomorrow!
What feature sheet is that? Is it for the Xantrex 1000?

Congrats on picking yours up tomorrow.

Tags
purchase