Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2014 24V View-Vinyl Flooring Makes Popping sound

When I walk on high traffic areas, the flooring makes a clicking or popping sound. My guess is that the vinyl adhesive is giving up. Does anybody know what this problem may be and ways to fix it--that I can do that don't cost a fortune of course!
Pooolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

typically the flooring is only glued on the edges, perhaps the plywood under the flooring is the problem.

is the floor soft? or just making noise
Old 09-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Good point about vinyl being glued at edges. I had forgotten that. The floor in the high traffic areas does give a little bit more than other areas when it makes the noise.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I had "soft" floors in several places that seemed to be getting worse (I didn't notice a noise when walking on it though), luckily within the warranty....

they removed the LP tank, rear wheels, removed the slide, peeled back the vinyl, welded 9 more braces under the frame and secured the sub floor to the new braces... and put everything back plus a few other repairs that were needed.

took a week at the factory and I have no idea what they would have charged if not under warranty, If I had to pay for that repair I would have a hard decision to pay or not for that kind of repair. It was bad enough that I had to pay for a week at a local hotel.

I don't know it that is your problem or the fix.

I did miss the warranty on a few items :( for some they helped out and others... too bad
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks very much. Is anybody else having problems with sagging floors on their View?
Old 09-18-2019, 05:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The pile of parts assembler did not issue a recall it looks like eh. The fix described is pure and simple design faux pas illogical cost cutting in design phase without use of common sense etc etc. Butt hey wee the customers are more than accepting so carry on. This type of thing needs to end bigly heck hugely the brand needs to be attached to these types of short comings so that new customers do not fall into the abyss.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Floor

We have a 2014 View 24V, as well. No floor noises but definitely a flexing (soft?) spot in the floor. Appears to be where two pieces of sub flooring meet and have no mechanical connection. When you step directly on the “seam” you can feel one slide flex while the other remains firm until your weight shifts to the other side. Disconcerting but no visible or substantial failure I can find at this point. I slid under the RV but could see no damage in that area. Keeping an eye on it but can’t offer you any solution at this point. Just know you are not alone.
Schoolhouse is offline   Reply With Quote