Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2022, 08:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2012 View 24M - Outside Compartment Latch problems

Greetings Folks,

2012 View 24M

Does anyone have a fix for the outside compartment door latches not staying latched? Several of the handles/latches appear to have "worn" out and do not stay latched, specifically the single latch on the propane refill compartment (first compartment on drivers side) Which has a single handle/Latch, and the two latch large compartment just aft of the propane refill door. In both cases I can close the doors, and look up behind and see that the latch has completely closed around the anchor. Giving a light tug on the door (without actuating the handle) causes the latch to spring/release. I have been using a couple bungee cords to keep the doors from flying open when driving. Can anyone suggest a way to "tighten up" these, or in lieu of repair, a replacement part source?

Thanks,

Todd
lodcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:38 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Todd,
I tried the site-search to find some related posts, and wasn't having much luck. I would recommend that you call your local dealer and just order new replacement latch assemblies. Hopefully after ten years, the replacement parts have been upgraded to work properly.
Please let us know what you find out, OK?
Thanks, Eagle5

Tags
ems, problems, view