Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-16-2022, 03:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2008 Aspect 26A Constant 'beeping'

Just beginning to use again after a 6-month hiatus - when the engine is started and running, there is a constant beeping which sounds as though it is coming from the area of the entry door. Levelers are fully up, slide fully retracted, disconnected from shore power. What have I overlooked? Thanks in advance.
SVBeachJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Of the ones I first think about, a seat belt alarm seems to fit best? Co and propane alarms are others but I don't think of them as being involved with whether the engine is running.
Sounds are weird and spotting where they are coming from can get odd in RV!

There is a "jacks down" alarm that might be a failure to check? Maybe as a test, try putting the jacks down and start the engine to see if the you get a second sound or if it stays the same?

There are times when we get an alarm that the jacks are down while moving if the fluid in the hydraulic system is low. But that is also not knowing if you have jacks or what type, so maybe helpful to consider and check fluid if you have it!!!

We had a scare when going around a loop of interstate entrance ram and the alram showed jacks were coming down! Seems the fluid was pressed to one side and the level senser lit up!! Our problem was the hole to check level was NOT the easy to spot one on the side but a hidden one on top , so I had done a bad job of checking the fluid!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Richard - I do have jacks - Big Foot - so I'll check the fluid and raise and lower them. And it's true - the sound always seems to be coming from wherever you aren't...
Old 09-16-2022, 04:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Want to get weird? A funky thing to try is holding a funnel overyour ear and as you turn around the noise gets louder when pointed toward the sound!
A rubber or flex tube on the funnel tip helps if laying under the dash, etc.

Poor man's stethoscope?
Old 09-16-2022, 11:07 PM   #5
Site Team

Sounds like it might be something like an expired CO2 sensor. They are usually mid-Coach, near the floor and just make a light beep. Those sensors expire in 5 years but don’t necessarily start beeping right away.

Most Jacks Down beepers are pretty loud and centered around the dashboard area in my experience.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Sounds like it might be something like an expired CO2 sensor. They are usually mid-Coach, near the floor and just make a light beep. Those sensors expire in 5 years but don’t necessarily start beeping right away.

Most Jacks Down beepers are pretty loud and centered around the dashboard area in my experience.
Thanks - that was one of my first thoughts, also, but oddly this model has a battery CO2 alarm mounted on the ceiling (!) near the front close to the cab. Planning to replace or mount lower down.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

It involves the difference in the two types of gas. Propane low as it is heavy and CO and fire high!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	co.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	184165  
Old 09-17-2022, 07:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
It involves the difference in the two types of gas. Propane low as it is heavy and CO and fire high!
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2022, 08:08 AM   #9
Site Team

Yes, I meant the Propane alarm. It should be mounted near the floor. Most are inset into the side of a cabinet and near the kitchen.
Old 09-17-2022, 08:17 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Doesn't seem to be coming from there, but I'll test to make sure. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2022, 08:23 AM   #11
Site Team

Do you have an “Amp-L-Start” installed they beep very quietly when there is a battery or installation problem. It could be near the batteries or behind the 12v push breakers???
Old 09-17-2022, 09:19 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Do you have an “Amp-L-Start” installed they beep very quietly when there is a battery or installation problem. It could be near the batteries or behind the 12v push breakers???
This does sound like a really good item to check!
But there is also a downside to this as the instructions say to mount it near the mode solenoid. Not where I put mine as the solenoid can be terribly hard to even see, let alone wire to it!

But you might be able to peek in that compartment and spot the item beeping and with the history of your RV and battery, it may be the beeper!

You may have seen a panel with this label?

Name:	sole1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	184166

In behind that cover and behind the breakers is the modesolenoid and the battery disconnect relay I've mentioned and that solenoid is one place where both the coach and start batteries connect, one on each side of the solenoid!
So that is where the Trik-L or Ampl-Start folks say to install the gizmo to let the start battery "steal" a bit of power from the coach batteries when we store it plugged in and let the RV converter charge both batteries!

Name:	sole2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	184167

On my Vista, one could peek in and almost see things, so possibly if you open that compartment, you can hear or peek over the panel to see if there is an extra small box and a couple small wires added as after market?

Depending on luck, it is not hard to pull the breakers out gently for access, but on mine the screws were too close behind the RV sidewall and took forever to get them out! I had to cut the screw off to get it out, so never went fully in there!
Old 09-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
This does sound like a really good item to check!
But there is also a downside to this as the instructions say to mount it near the mode solenoid. Not where I put mine as the solenoid can be terribly hard to even see, let alone wire to it!

But you might be able to peek in that compartment and spot the item beeping and with the history of your RV and battery, it may be the beeper!

You may have seen a panel with this label?
Attachment 184166

In behind that cover and behind the breakers is the modesolenoid and the battery disconnect relay I've mentioned and that solenoid is one place where both the coach and start batteries connect, one on each side of the solenoid!
So that is where the Trik-L or Ampl-Start folks say to install the gizmo to let the start battery "steal" a bit of power from the coach batteries when we store it plugged in and let the RV converter charge both batteries!

Attachment 184167

On my Vista, one could peek in and almost see things, so possibly if you open that compartment, you can hear or peek over the panel to see if there is an extra small box and a couple small wires added as after market?

Depending on luck, it is not hard to pull the breakers out gently for access, but on mine the screws were too close behind the RV sidewall and took forever to get them out! I had to cut the screw off to get it out, so never went fully in there!
Thanks. I don't think I have either installed, but will check.
Old 09-24-2022, 06:11 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Don’t think 26A had swivel front cab seats originally, but if installed later, could have a alarm when the MH is cranked up if seats are not in travel position.
PopsGigi is offline   Reply With Quote