Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2023, 04:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2005 Winnebago View slide

Hi there, I have a 2005 View. The slide worked fine last year but this year won't work at all. I have power at the switch and the switch is transferring power. I have pulled the motor and all is fine with it. I'm not getting any signal from the wires at the motor. Does anyone know where the slide control unit is? I have looked high and low but cannot find it.

Thanks for your time!
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Pokie,
In reviewing the Owner's Manual for the 2006 View (the 2005 isn't on the server) Section 10 says that the Parking Brake must be set for the slide-out to deploy. Is that the case?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-19-2023, 09:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes, the parking brake is pulled,... no difference. The slide makes no movement. Although, I have not checked to see if the parking brake switch is doing it's job. I'm assuming the parking brake switch is under the driver's seat?

Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2023, 10:09 PM   #4
Site Team

I believe if you see the parking brake light on the dash lit with the engine running, then that is not the problem.
Perhaps it is a 12 VDC fuse (page 6-8?)
Old 05-20-2023, 07:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, what do you mean by page 6-8? I have checked all the fuses I can find, but still can't find the slide controller.
Old 05-20-2023, 08:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Can you verify that we are getting the correct RV/ In checking the parts catalog as well as the wiring diagrams, I do not find a 2005 view listed on either. Is it possible we got a typo?

I think of the View are a far more recent model, perhaps a 2015, instead of 2005?
But in either case, it will be helpful to know what model you have as we start to sort the drawings. They are listed in year, then model like View, floorplan like 524M and there are many which also have an early year build or later.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

On one model of the 2015 year, it is here:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	186037
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 09:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

When we bought the RV, we were told it was a 2006 Winnebago View, on a Dodge/ Sprinter frame. Yes, a stock Winnebago View. When ever we take it in for service, they call it a 2005. When we bought new tires, the tire store told us the wheels had been changed but we come to find out the wheels are standard for this year of Winnebago View. We have seen at least two others that are exactly the same as ours, graphics and all. So, yes, they did make them in 2005/6.
Old 05-20-2023, 09:33 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokie View Post
Sorry, what do you mean by page 6-8? I have checked all the fuses I can find, but still can't find the slide controller.
I must apologize about the link I gave you in Post #2 above. The correct link is just below for your electronic Owner's Manual. The fuse locations are discussed in Section 6, Page 8:
Owner's Manual for the 2006 View
Are you letting the engine run while you are operating the slide?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 05-20-2023, 09:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokie View Post
When we bought the RV, we were told it was a 2006 Winnebago View, on a Dodge/ Sprinter frame. Yes, a stock Winnebago View. When ever we take it in for service, they call it a 2005. When we bought new tires, the tire store told us the wheels had been changed but we come to find out the wheels are standard for this year of Winnebago View. We have seen at least two others that are exactly the same as ours, graphics and all. So, yes, they did make them in 2005/6.
Okay, Get some ideas now. this is an area which is often confused as it is a bit different than the normal automotive thing.
When they build RV, they often buy a group of stripped chassis from chassis builders and then those chassis set until Winnebago gets to building an RV on top. So there are many which are built on a 2005 chassis but the rV is 2006!
That means that if you are shopping for RV info, it is a 2006 but if you are shopping for chassis like brakes, wheels, etc. that would normally be found on a truck, it is a 2005!

That makes it vital to know, not just how it is sold, listed, etc, but to know the specs as they built it. That info should be on a label near the driver's seat.
This is a link to the owners manual for your RV, if you did not get one with it:
file:///C:/Users/Richard/Downloads/06View.pdf

Section 1 page 3 will give you the info on how to "decode" the label info and it is important stuff to know when needing parts or info from drawings nad such as things do change quickly in some areas of the RV.

But for general Rv questions, you are likely to find that in the 2006 group here for parts:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...06/6wd523h.pdf

Wiring for chassis and coach:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

This is the section with some help on the slide and brake wiring:
Sheet 2 ?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_151356.pdf

However, we don't get the best drawings for locating the controller on the older RV and I do not see it on this specific drawing. It may be there and I'm missing it, though?? Perhaps in that compartment as later models with different drawings shows?

One big thing to know when chasing wiring is the way Winnebago labeled wires.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	186038

Whether on wires or drawings, we can "decode" the ID to get the "from" and "to" which often gives us an idea of what that wiredoes, like battery or ground!
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

But for the main question of WHERE the controller?
If you do not find it in the compartment as shown for the 2015, try looking up at the bottom of the slide when it is open as that is ture on some models and year.
That is REALLY going out on a guessing limb, though as I'm not seeing any REAL info to tell me that!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I don't have a View but I have a Via and on the wiring harness that goes to the dining slide there is a rubber inline fuse holder with a blade fuse it it, quite a large one if I recall. It has a rubber cover on it that you have to pull off to see the fuse. It's located 6 or 8" back from where the positive wire connects to the motor if I recall. I had all of that apart about 2 years ago to replace rollers that had fallen out.
Old 05-20-2023, 01:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the help folks! I got it sorted. Seems like the last time I vacuumed out the driver's compartment, I pulled the wires off the parking brake arm. Because it's all covered up, I couldn't see the problem. After spending some time on my head in front of the drivers seat, I found the wires dangling. I removed the cable pin, pulled the lever all the way up, spread the cover and was able to remove the switch with a 8mm wrench. The terminals on the wire were loose fitting, so I pinched them up a bit, forced them on and Bob's your uncle! Refit the parking brake cable and all is complete.

Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2023, 04:07 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

You can be proud that you didn't pay someone $150 or more to do the same. Congratulations!
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, view, winnebago