Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
Suz
Winnebago Watcher

2004 Minnie interior remodel

Hello! I am new to this site and I'm very excited to ask questions 2 experienced owners. I am trying to remove the window valances and they are not screwed in. I wonder if they are glued to the under side of the overhead cabinets? Also, there is a mirror attached to the wall which also must be glued on. Any help is appreciated.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:42 AM   #2
Itasca Owners

My valences are screwed in. They have 2 L-brackets on each side, but in the rear, they are under a fabric covered strip of wood about 1" square. If you look closely, there is a very small screw near the bottom of the strip. I never noticed them until I went out to look this morning.

Our shades were replaced on two windows with blinds and the strips were not replaced so its easy to see the L-brackets. Two in the rear of the coach still have the original shades and the fabric covered strips were never removed.

I cannot help you with the mirror because ours is inset into the closet door frame. It would make sense that your mirror would be glued because the interior walls are 3/32" thick plywood with an air space in between.

Winnebago's light weight construction methods allow for greater cargo weight capacity than some other brands. Remember that when you are tempted to add heavy construction items in your remodel.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Get a long Phillips screwdriver bit for a cordless drill. It'll take all day with a manual screwdriver. With a little probing around the logical spots you should be able to find the screws. If you can't, try using a magnet. Sometimes they're at strange angles and it's hard to get the screwdriver engaged.

Your mirror is probably attached with double-sided foam mounting tape. Get a piece of strong, fine wire (like a guitar string) and use it to "saw" the mirror off the wall. The wire won't accidentally damage the wall. The pieces of mounting tape that remain on the wall can be carefully removed.
BobC is online now   Reply With Quote