Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2002 Minnie 31C Carpet/linoleum replacement

Suggestions for carpet linoleum replacement in 2002 Minnie 31C. Single slide out of passenger side with sofa bed and table arrangement. I’m looking at Integra flexible woven vinyl roll material. Concern is slider area? Any diyers tackled this job before? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I replaced the carpet and linoleum. A few things to look for: you probably wont be able to get all of the carpet out from underneath the slide without taking the slide completely out. I cut it as far back as I could and just ran my new flooring (vinyl planks) as far under the slide as I could then used rubber garage door seal to cover the slide frame aluminum parts and it extends down just above the new flooring so cant see under the slide anymore. Getting flooring around the seatbelt bolts is also tricky. You can very easily lose the bolts down the hole and into the slide void, I loosend the nuts then got a a very slim set of locking forceps around the bottom of the bolt in order to get the seatbelt bracket and nut off. You can then get the nut back on, take off the forceps and cut a hole in your flooring slightly bigger than the nut to install.
PDXMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement