Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

08 Outlook 31c bedroom fan?

I have a 08 outlook 31c, the ceiling vent above the bed has no fan...im kinda suprised about that. Anyway i would like to install a fantastic fan but before i start ripping it apart i was wondering if there is power ran to that vent by winnebago or am i gunna have to run my own?
Dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would not expect it and did a short check on wiring diagrams to find none obvious.
My solution when adding a fan, was to go to the nearest ceiling light, even though it was on a wall switch. My solution was to add a switch on the light body to allow using the wall switch to turn power on for both fan and light and then use the switch on either to control which or both we wanted on.
When you remove the inside trim from the vent you are likely to find solid foam insulation and to find if I could really expect to fish a wire between the light and vent area, I sharpened a 1/4 inch wood dowel and forced it into the foam at the small hole at the light until it came out at the vent. Hint, better odds of finding the 12 inch opening from the small than the other way! For my first try and going to another unswitched light, I got within 6-8 inches before hitting a solid metal cross member in the ceiling!
We find we like to add the fan in the front where it is less prone to bother us than if over the bed, so we turn it on and open windows in the bedroom for air to enter.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The BR fantastic fan on my '07 31C is powered from the nearby ceiling light and it was likely installed as an extra cost option by the original owner (he bought almost every option available) but a dealer might have done it after mkt. So it is powered EXACTLY as Richard did his. Wish I had taken a pic of that install when I had all that area apart for fan cleaning earlier this year.

The 2nd owner didn't mention the fact that the ceiling light switch on the BR wall has to be "ON" for the fan to run so I struggled with it for a bit. When on the road, I now just leave that switch on and control the ceiling light by its local switch (OFF, HI, and LO.)

Good luck on your project.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan