Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

08' 31c outlook slideout seal question?

Hi all, im new to owning a motorhome. Anyway i have a 08 outlook 31c and i didnt notice till i got it home and starting doing things around the motorhome that the slideout doesnt seem to be sealing rite, or from what i think...
The forward side of the slide seals at the top and the bottum but the middle doesnt. Its like theres a bow in the trim plate that goes around the slideout. Theres about a 3/8 gap from the seal to that trim piece but like i said the top and bottum push the seal...
Does anyone else have this problem? I looked close to see if there was any indication of somthing getting caught in there when it closed at somepoint and bent the trim piece but dont see any marks or what not.
Is there a way to adjust this? Doesnt seem likely to me but figured id ask to see if anyone experienced somthing like this...i inclosed a picture thats from the middle up, the middle down looks the same...thanks all!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1603817924632820886191.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	175505  
Dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Dave,
Can you put a 4' or 6' level on the surfaces (both mating and on the slide-out) to see what isn't straight? Might give a clue as to what is happening.
Eagle5
Old 11-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Just wondering if you tried to manually hand crank it in. You should have the manual that explains how to do this. I have the 08 Access 231C. Each rail is operated by a electric motor that works with a rail system. Maybe you can hand crank it in. Just a thought.
MrDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Dave-

I had what I thought was an issue with my "Kwikee/Powergear" slide a couple of years ago…..it turned out to be a non-problem. In talking with WBGO at that time, they offered to send me a tech document that provides a good overview re how the mechanism works and it also discusses adjustments. A good read, and worth having in your RV library methinks. I will try to attach the PDF…..hope it provides some insight. All that assumes we have the same slide hardware; mine is an '07 Outlook 31C.

Stay safe.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slideout - Electric 2-Arm Kwikee DIGISYNC repair.pdf (100.3 KB, 59 views)
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Angry

After re-reading your post, Dave I sure agree with Eagle 5. Use a long level or just a long straight edge and see if is just the bulb seal retainer piece that is bowed. From your description it sounds like it is (see the pic with the arrow; may need to double click it to enlarge)..... and just at the front edge of the slide, not the rear edge, I take it. I can't envision how that could happen unless something was in the way right there at the edge when the slide was closed.

The vinyl trim strip in the other pic is only there to cover the mounting screws for that bulb seal retainer piece .... like in other areas on the MH. It has a retaining screw at the bottom, but if you remove it, you can easily peel out the vinyl strip (and replace it later) to gain access to the screws. Hopefully the bulb seal retainer is "staightenable" if that is indeed the problem.

If you haven't used it yet, here is the site for WBGO Manuals and Dwgs.
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/

Using the above link, I looked at the parts catalog for you coach. The slide parts are shown on pg 80-83 or so.......but it doesn't show that bulb seal retainer. :^(

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...08/8wf331c.pdf

A call to the Lichtsinn RV parts dept (lichtsinn.com) will tell you if that part is available or not. Hope it is.

Sure sounds like "hidden damage" on the part of the seller. Bummer.

Good luck with the fix. Let us all know how it turns out; we're all still learnin'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlook Slide Bulb Seal Area.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	175717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlook Slide-Trim Strip.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	175718  

youracman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags