Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE]The load of the room is carried primarily by a front roller,or on bedslides,by a set of plastic glide blocks.

Well I just found out that I probably broke or damaged the "plastic glide blocks" I dropped off my Motorhome at Altmanns in Colton CA yesterday, they called me back today and said that they were not sure , but they are calling Winnebago Monday to find out what the plastic piece under the slide is thats cracked. This mess started when I had my MH parked in the driveway with the jacks down and the full slide out cleaning things out when for some stupid..stupid reason I thought it might be a great idea to change the jacks to manual operation and adjust them just a touch. BAD MOVE. I hit the retract button by mistake. The jacks retracked withn the big slide out , I then pulled the slide in after the jacks had come up, but I think the angle was too great (my driveway is not very level at all) and the noise started just before the slide had come in all the way. I could kick myself.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

BAGGER 97,

IMHO, the 32H is the closest to a perfect motorhome in the 30'-35', $120,000-140,000 range. Been researching coaches for 15 years for when we retired. Bought our 2008 32H in 5/08. Correction. Stole from dealer $40,000 off list when gas was $4.00. Practically begged me to take it off the lot.
I think Winnebago hit on a winner here. Unfortunately the 32H was only built in 2008, discontinued and replaced or moved into the Adventure 32H for 2009. Same length drivers slide though in the Adventurer. Been to a lot of RV shows and virtually no one makes a slide that long for $120,000-150,000. Why did I buy a Winnebago. They just played on National Geographic Channel today a (1) hour show about Winnebago factory and the making of a Vectra(top of the line). I TIVO'd after watching it and you may want to check your local listings for future show times. That show explains why they are the best mid range coach company. Amazing how ALL there coaches are built.
Did (3) state park outings in 6/08 and then drove it from PA to SC/NC for a (3) week shakedown cruise on 11/7 and got back to MD 12/7 to help daughter with new grandbaby due 12/26. Agree with what people have said about the 32H. I am far from an expert, but it is a great coach and I have some advice.

1. Call Winnebago with any questions. I call it RVing for dummies because there is so much I have to learn and they have taught me a lot.

2. If you ever buy a 32H, I highly suggest you get the automatic leveling system. Winnebago has emphasized to me the importance of having the coach as level as possible when opening and retracting that big slide. If you don't, you take a chance of bending something or breaking something with that weight. The Winnebago show I watched today says that slide with all the appliances/furniture and cabinets weighs 2,000 lbs.

3. The auxillary start system allows you to start the coach engine using the house batteries if the chassis battery goes dead. My chassis battery went dead because I left the electric steps switch on for (4) weeks and even though the steps weren't used there is a drain on the chassis battery as the steps are wired to the chassis battery and NOT the house batteries. This is so if dummies like me get in the coach and close the door and forget to retract the steps, the coach computer will retract the steps when you start the coach engine. So turn off steps if you not useing your coach. NEAT TRICK: The tech rep says since I am in MD and I am going to hook shore power to the coach(it has been winterized) every week for a 24 hour period to keep coach batteries charged there is a way to charge the chassis battery also. After you plug into shore power, press the auxillary start button on the dash to the ON position and stick a book of matches underneath switch to keep in the ON position. This way when the converter is charging the house batteries it is ALSO charging the chassis battery. When you disconnect shore power you have to remember to take matches from underneath auxillary start switch.

4. I like the U shaped dinette because it gives you back the storage space you give up with the big slide. You already have a coach so you know options are always personal preference.

5. Winnebago said to relevel coach after you put both slides out because SOMETIMES the weight of BOTH slides out will unlevel the leveling you did prior to putting both slides out.

6. I also think the Grand Package option is worth every dime as we are going to be extended/fulltimers for at least 3-5 years. Only time we will not be on the road is when we come back east to sponge of both kids and mother-in-law for 2-3 months.

Hope this helped in some small way

2008 Winnebago Voyage (1 each)

2008 Toyota Tacoma (1 each)

Smart wife (1 each)

Spending my kids inheritance one day at a time

Navy Blue/Jane
navyblue is offline   Reply With Quote