Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water Heater Bypass Valve Location: 2018 Winn Era 70X

Hello,
I just purchased a 2018 Winnebago Era 70X. I've been learning its ins and outs over the last couple of weeks and have only been stymied by getting hot water to flow in the sink and shower. It has a Trumbi water heater, which definitely fills with and heats water (I can monitor this clearly). That said, I get nothing but cold water from the outlets. So, I'm in search of the water heater bypass valve, which I assume is still on since the rig was still winterized at purchase. For the life of me, I cannot find this valve and I have diligently used the manuals, which indicate the bypass valve I'm looking for is under the couch (passenger side). In this location there are hot and cold water drain valves, but no bypass valve. Does anyone happen to know the location of this mysterious destination (or, if I'm just overlooking the obvious, can someone tell me what I'm missing?)?. Thanks much.
Jake
jagatucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Jake,

Contact Winnebago directly. They not only provided me with the location of our HWH bypass valve, but they also emailed us actual pics of it. They are fast at responding. www.winnebagoind.com

Al
Old 04-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Al. I'll do that. Did you by chance, have the same problem? I appreciate the reply.
Jake
Old 04-09-2019, 10:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I actually was going to winterize my Aspect having just purchased it from a Phoenix dealer in December. They represented that they would do it for me but then didn't when I went to take delivery. I got it home and took my air compressor and blew out the lines after removing the sink filter and draining the hot water heater. It was then that I realized I couldn't find the bypass. It got down to 22 degrees that night here in northern AZ and I was sweating bullets. Winnebago replied to me the same day and I got the bypass valve positioned and pumped in the antifreeze. No damage when we took her out a week later! I was very thankful.

Al
Old 04-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hmmm. I wonder why the manual suggests it's in a certain spot when it really isn't. I tried to be creative in looking for mine, but couldn't find it for the life of me. I actually had to bring it back to my local dealer to have the nav system replaced and asked them to look for it while they are working in it, but I plan to contact Winnebago as well. Thanks for telling my your story; it helps to make me feel like less of a RV noob. Take care.
Jake
Old 04-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Jake,

Interesting enough, the bypass valve was where my manual said it would be. However, the manual said to access it via a front panel (which are drawers under the galley sink). There was no front panel and I couldn't figure out an easy way to pull the required drawers out without extending my slide out and going through some other headaches. I then saw a side access panel inside a side storage area. Took it off and there she was! So if the manual had said remove the side access panel vs. the front panel, I would have probably been able to find it quicker. "It was the loose nut behind the steering wheel that was the problem" mainly me!

Al
Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I bet when I get the rig back from the dealer and find out where it's at that I end up feeling like the "loose nut" as well. I'll let you know
Old 04-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

If you're not already a member, check out the Winnebago Era Group on Facebook. lots of good information is shared.
maasthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Facebook! I should have known. Thank you.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

The valve is under the left side of the folding rear seat. Open the access panel and reach in approximately 18-20 inches.
Daniel69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, heat, heater, water, water heater