Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Travato Fold-Down Sink Latch

On my 2022 Travato, the fold-down wet-bath sink closed as designed. However, on our last trip after showing the van to a fellow camper, the sink would not close. The sink swings up but will not latch. I know the latch is similar if not the same as the one on the water pump access and have never had issues with those latches. Basically, the male side of the latch will no longer go into the female side. It is like the female side is locked. Any ideas?
spuyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sink latch

I had to replace the male fitting on mine as it broke. If yours isn’t broken it’s posible the inside female part closed and needs to be popped open. Take a small screw driver and make sure the middle part flap is pulled out. To get a replacement the complete assembly hard to find as it is the smaller of the two types on the market. Could find one on Amazon. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It is the female fitting. I will try prying it with a small screwdriver and report back the results.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

You are spot on Travato John. The female latch was pushed closed. I used two small screwdrivers and was able to pop it open. All fixed now. Thanks for the tip!